The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need to change Catalytic Converter

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Need to change Catalytic Converter

I got code P0421, already changed the o2 sensor and reset the ecu, and the light came on again. so im assuming the 1st Catalytic Converter by the radiator went bad. Called the dealership and they are asking for over 800 bucks for the damn thing. Decided to do some searching and found thishttp://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/mi...409110561.html

My car is 02 ES 4 banger Cali Spec

My question is will this particular part work even though they are saying its for the 99-00 ES? Last time I checked everything is practically Identical between the 99-01 and 02-03 except some cosmetic changes. Im tired of seeing SES light and Im ready to purchase a new one.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

yes it should fit it might need some minor adjustments if any

If I remember correctly, the 99-01 have a different exhaust manifold location (about 1-1/2" to the driver side if I remember correctly) and all the pipes are slightly different so you would also need to get the other pipe with the rest of the cats in it or have a custom made mid pipe.

Are you serious? $800??? I get that same cat changed at the dealer and it cost $490.00 installed! They are ripping you off!

yeah 840 to be exact not installed. Its California...everything here is marked up. Anyways, does anyone know where I can get a 02-03 CA Emissions CC for cheaper than 840? I got smog in November and I have the cash now to take care of it.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I have the same issue and think before I pay the $780 I'm being charged I will get a header instead
    The Altima