The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Clear your corners! (now with pics!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 43
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

HOW TO: Clear your corners! (now with pics!)

Required tools:

Heat Gun or Blow Dryer (I use a blow dryer) Pair of Gloves 10 Zip Ties (not really necessary if u know what u doing) Silicone Sealant Needle-Nose Pliers Flat blade Screwdriver Phillips Head Screwdriver 10mm Socket Wrench 12mm Socket Wrench (to remove the bumper if u choose)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1 (u could jack up the car and remove the wheels, but u dont have to) Remove the fender covers (or just bend it back)

Step 2 using a 10mm with a long extension, remove the bolt that connects the bumper to the fender (it is all the way towards the front of the car, only access is through the fender covers)

Step 3 Remove the bolt that connects the bumper to the fender right at the wheel well

Step 4 Remove all clips and bolts under the car that hold the bottom bumper lip

Step 5 remove Grilles (94/96 - there are 2 screws per grille) (97/98 - there are 3 clips per each grille which have to be removed from the inside)

Step 6 (94/96) There are 2 10 mm bolts that hold the bumper to the t-bar behind the grilles (97/98) There are 4 bolts on the upper side that hold the top of the bumper to the header bar

Step 7 there are 4 plastic screw clips that u have to pry up using a flatblade to get the bumper shell off

step 8 Remove the bumper shell (be careful because ur signal light wires are connected there, either remove them before u take off the bumper shell or leave them on, and there is a clip in the back of the lights that u can remove)

Step 9 (optional) using a 12mm remove the 4 bolts holding the bumper onto the car (the bolts are located under the highbeam light on the bumper (if u have OEM fogs, u must remove them to take off the bottom bumper bolt))

Step 10 using a 10mm, remove the bottom 2 bolts of each headlight, the easier one is located by the horns, the harder of the 2 is located behind the bumper which makes taking off the bumper worth while

Step 11 remove all the bolts holding the tbar/header bar onto the car, there are 3 in each corner, one above the headlight (by the highbeam)

Step 12 (kinda tricky) the t-bar/headerbar makes a slight L-shaped angle behind the bolt by the highbeam light on the top of the headlight, what u have to do is kinda move the headlight out of the way so u can fit the 10mm to the bolts, there are 2 of them on each side

Step 13 Remove the T-bar/header bar slowly, cuz u can scratch ur paint at the egdes where the t-bar meets the fenders

Step 14 there is a main clip for power for the headlights, remove that and the side marker bulbs remove the headlight assembly

Step 15 Take the headlight assembly, starting with the corner remove the screw (also remove the clips that go around the headlight) and begin to heat ur headlight where the black plastic meets the clear lens (take ur time, do not rush this)

Step 16 Once the factory silicone is soft use a flat blade and begin to pry the headlight assembly apart. **note: U can pull the entire assembly apart, or u can open it only at the corner, if u pull it all the way off, u just pull the orange piece off, if u just open the corner, once it spreads there is another philips screw u need to remove, once that is out, the small corner lamp assembly will be loose

Step 17 using ur screw driver break out the orange piece and use ur flatblade to hold it so u can grab it with ur needle nose pliers, Pull the orange piece out, be careful that it doesnt break, if it breaks it'll just take that much longer

Step 18 Fit the corner lamp assembly back in place and put back the philips screw

Step 19 re-heat the factory silicone, and Fit the headlight back together, once the silicone begins to dry u will need to just apply pressure to the 2 parts to hold it tight, once it drys, take some fresh silicone and reseal the ENTIRE headlight (if u lamps fogged before, this will solve that problem)

Step 20 reconnect that outer screw to the headlamp assembly and wait about 5-10 min for the silicone to dry

Step 21 Re install headlights and get some hyper white bulbs for them corners

Step 22 Give urself a drink for ur job well done

Use this Tutorial at ur own Risk....I am not responsible for anything that happens to ur car because of this Modification

Any Questions please PM me or Email me @ [email protected] If u dont feel like doing this, I will still clear corners of $50 a piece

and one more pic by Maz!

Revised By NycTrini
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    lol, took me awhile to notice thats my car on the far left. lol

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Is this still valid Seth?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Any Questions please PM me or Email me @ [email protected] If u dont feel like doing this, I will still clear corners of $50 a piece Â*

</div>

Are you sure he's still down with this?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

hey guys, of course i'll still do it, but thats not my email addy anymore, u can catch me at [email protected] ty

yo bronxbomber! Your car and my car look almost Identical! Right down to the rims. What wheels do you have? what year is your car? Here are pics of mine... http://photos.yahoo.com/kimya_anderson

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

bronxbombr's car is a 94 ES

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya mines is a 94 ES with 16 soon to be 17 or 18's P racing. Notice the hump on my hood

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

cloudkapri
    anybody want to do this over in like a table so that the pictures aren't blocking the text... or can somebody send me the instructions by email

[email protected]

there i fixed it

if u have any questions, feel free to ask
    7g for life!

what about pics of a 94-96 i need to know those bolt locations

basically all the same except by the base of the T of the TBar we have 2 bolts where the 97/98 have 4 bolts at the hoodbar

ive been wondering..what kind of silicone is it that you use to reseal it? anyone know the name of it?would the headlight seal better if you were to scrape all the old silicone off and replace it with new?or is that too much of a bitch?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    Any Silicon/sealer will do.

Scraping the old stuff off is a good idea, get that gunk out so that you get a better seal with the new stuff. :thumbsup:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

i left the original in there and heated as i closed it up to get it sticky again, then i used clear DAP silicone and sealed them around the edges to make it air tight

BEAST
    Probably gonna want to use 100% silicon

For those that did it how long did it take you from jacking hte car up to putting it back down? Took me about 8 house just to clear 2 headlights. That's Ludacris
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

For those that did it how long did it take you from jacking hte car up to putting it back down? Took me about 8 house just to clear 2 headlights. That's Ludacris
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

1/2 hour to 45 minutes max
    thats jacking up bumper drop, clear, install back, and everyhting

you guys jack up the car? :lauging: thats 10minutes wasted right there...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nyctrini)</div><div class='quotemain'>1/2 hour to 45 minutes max
    thats jacking up bumper drop, clear, install back, and everyhting</div>

I feel like an ass
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast