The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Clear your corners! (now with pics!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    First time I did it, it took me a few hours just to take off the front bumper and to get the headlights off. Ive never really timed myself clearing em cause I cleared my JDMs before I started working on the car. But it was a whole day project. Now I can get the front bumper and headlights off in like 20 minutes
    7g for life!

actually i didnt jack up the car, only on 1 i did then i learned i didnt have to

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    tru tru

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i tried to get my jdms apart today but didnt have any luck. i threw them in the over

for about 3 or so minutes...the black plastic around the headlight was soft, but the headlight was stuck to the housing. i tried to pry with a scredriver but it didnt budge. did i not cook them long enough? BTW, the oven door was shut, i just opened to take a pic haha
    7g for life!

when the black got soft, u should have worked open the corner like the how u do the oem, then it all would have just came apart

o, i thought the black part being soft was bad haha ill try it again tonight...
    7g for life!

awww man u have to take out the bumper???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

yup. there is no way to get the headlights out without taking off the bumper

BEAST
    Seth how hot was the oven?

BEAST
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Initial NycTrini)</div><div class='quotemain'>yup. there is no way to get the headlights out without taking off the bumper</div>
    Sure there is. I did. Well I cheated though. I was at a junkyard so I just bent the fenders back and pulled the T-bar up. Front end is pretty messed up now cause of me but oh well, it's junk anyway. I finally got these things cleared, and they were a bitch to get apart. That factory sealant is horrible to work with. At first I was trying with a hairdryer so then I finally said screw this and put them in the oven at about 200 degrees or so for about 4 minutes and ripped them apart. Oh well it was worth it.

haha, well there is no way of taking the headlights out without severe damage to ur fenders unless u take off the bumper

better?!?

sstriker_ccool
    wellz diz will really help me a lot!!!!! ILL reply back after ill be done.. hopefully it wont take me ages to finish

CayanGalant
    Im a newbie, and i uderstand how to do this but is it necessary to jack the car up to do this or can it be done without?

you can do it w/o jacking the jar up, but the first time its a bit easier to see the bolts if u jack up the car and take off the wheel, but not necasary at all
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    For all you Newbs out there you do know that Denver and I clear corners.
    Hit us up with year of your car and location.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

is it better to put the healight housing in the oven?

u can do it, but it doesnt make the process any easier

neXus
    Eh, I didnt see if this was mentioned on the first page, but instead of going through the aggravating process of dismantling your front end to clear the corners, I just took the Night Shade everyone is using on their tail lights and used it on my corners. Looks good.

so im sitting at home today and thinking there has to be an easier way to get those damn clear headlights.........so i was thinking that maybe if i get a tiny drill bit and drill from the top of the orange reflector and the bottom of the orange reflector that maybe theyll just pop out?????????? i havent tried it yet but im just wondering if u guys think itll work?????

ok heres the thing, u can release the yellow reflector without taking out the headlights, BUT how u gonna get the lens out? kinda hard to angle and break the orange out without making a mess and getting it out with teh lights on the car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast