The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pioneer d3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

pioneer d3

So i need to get a new headunit for my car. It seems like this is a great unit with naviation built in. Does anyone on here have it installed in their cars. I read some reviews on avic411. Best buy has them on sale for 699. But i cant get it down to 630 with a ipod cable. What do you guys think, should i get it or not?
    I say whats on my mind. Dont like it dont read my comments.

ebay has cheaper prices. install is simple, you can install it yourself

actually they really dont have new ones with a ipod cable cheaper. Plus i want to make sure i get the warranty. Ebay isnt a authroized pioneer dealer.

i would never buy audio equipment from ebay...theres not manufacturers warranty with it at all....the D3 is an awesome unit i was gunna install it in my G a few months ago but i ended up not buyin it...ive installed plenty of them tho its a great unit only thing i dont like is there is no tilt to the screen but u shuldnt have a problem because out head units r mounted high in the dash

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the d3 seems to be very good and its customizable which is cool too...the pioneer nav system is very user freindly and is very good as well i would reccomend the d3, only problem with it is that there is only 1 slot for cd/dvd/navi disk so you cannot run navi and have a cd on at the same time...obviously you plan on using an ipod with it so this really shouldnt be a problem and the ipod interface is also supposed to be very good as well

all in all i would say get it especially if its that reasonable of a price

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantsleeper00 View Post
    actually they really dont have new ones with a ipod cable cheaper. Plus i want to make sure i get the warranty. Ebay isnt a authroized pioneer dealer.
    well i just bought an eclipse HU with optional navi i can install later an square trade offerend me a 3 yr warranty on it. so warranty shouldn't be an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    i would never buy audio equipment from ebay...theres not manufacturers warranty with it at all....the D3 is an awesome unit i was gunna install it in my G a few months ago but i ended up not buyin it...ive installed plenty of them tho its a great unit only thing i dont like is there is no tilt to the screen but u shuldnt have a problem because out head units r mounted high in the dash
    there is still manufacturers warranty on it and i don't see why you wouldn't trust it. i have been buying tons of stuff on ebay for many years now and never had one problem. you just need to know how to shop on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    there is still manufacturers warranty on it and i don't see why you wouldn't trust it. i have been buying tons of stuff on ebay for many years now and never had one problem. you just need to know how to shop on ebay.
    Agree with him!

Well i ended up getting it from bestbuy yesterday ended up costing me 650 for everything. I tried installing it but i gave up. I didnt want to mess with the gps and everything. Im still trying to figure out how to use the navigation. I seriously got ripped off on the install. I had it done at circuit city since bestbuy always seems to fuck up my cars. Cost me 160. Than i got the siruis radio adapter for it. I must say howard sterns show is funny as hell. It alot better than the dual i had 8281 that broke within a few weeks.

what adaptor did you get? the one the plugs into the back of your head unit or the FM modulator hard wire?

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    what adaptor did you get? the one the plugs into the back of your head unit or the FM modulator hard wire?
    the one that plugs into the back of the unit.

does it plug in like a CD changer? Into an RCA? or did it have a seperate module?

theres a seperate hideaway piece that needs to get wired ignition constant and ground and it also plugs straight into the rca harness of the radio i just forgot what kind of plug it has

theres a seperate hideaway piece that needs to get wired ignition constant and ground and it also plugs straight into the rca harness of the radio i just forgot what kind of plug it has
    well if it is like that, then it has a seperate module, and if it needs power, that means it would be hooked up to an accessory wire, not a constant power. and if is controlled through the head unit, then it isn't RCAs.

hmm i have no idea i bought some type of siruis module for the pioneer.

I thought about this unit but ended up getting the Kenwood DNX-7100 for $600. I like the Kenwood better cause it is hard drive based. With the D3 your have to use dvd roms and I would recommend buying it from best buy since if you buy on ebay and you get a older one it cost about $250 for the new updated map disk's. Thats another reason i chose kenwood. To update all you have to do is get a sd car and go to the garmin web site to update it.

yes my fault it jus needs ignition to turn it on and off and a ground connection...and the plug is a small clip-in plug....im multitasking at work and i didnt read wut i wrote b4 i posted lol

Oo and you dont have to have the nav cd in the unit the whole time to use nav its built in nav system still runs just the cds give it its full features if your going local you dont need it in

yes my fault it jus needs ignition to turn it on and off and a ground connection...and the plug is a small clip-in plug....im multitasking at work and i didnt read wut i wrote b4 i posted lol
    again, you mean accessory not ignition

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike View Post
    I thought about this unit but ended up getting the Kenwood DNX-7100 for $600. I like the Kenwood better cause it is hard drive based. With the D3 your have to use dvd roms and I would recommend buying it from best buy since if you buy on ebay and you get a older one it cost about $250 for the new updated map disk's. Thats another reason i chose kenwood. To update all you have to do is get a sd car and go to the garmin web site to update it.
    hmm i dont think best buy had that model there. I had to get it from bestbuy, considering i knew the gm and got the unit for cost. So the cds have to be upgraded every year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast