The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 7G Paint Job Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39

My 7G Paint Job Project

I've been working on my Galant for quite sometime as you all know. Now I am doing my own paint job. I thought I would post some pics of what I have done so far. I've been sanding with 320 grit sand paper little by little to get it ready for the end of Feb. She is coming along quite nicely, and I want to take a little pride in doing this myself.:p

Today I worked on the bumper. It had a slit three inch slit in it. So I cut it out, repaired it with a bumper repair kit. Here are some more pics when I pull it out today.

Here are a couple of pics of the inside. I found this wood bezel and this radio out of a Galant LS. I like the look of it. It makes it real clean, and the Aux jack plays my Ipod.:D

are you planning to paint in that garage too?

thats a LOT of dust.
    i don't predict a positive outcome

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Oh now, that garage is not where I will be painting. I have another place for that. A lot bigger.

brave man... i cant paint for spit..... i gotta get me a new... uhm... *scrolls up*...... BEZEL... thats the one...

i gotta get a new bezel, i wanna paint it, i dont like the wood... Krylon FTW!

hey if you got a pull a part around by you i got a bezel with the shifter cover for 3 bucks. And that was with all the switches attached to it. I have the wood grain and grabbed a black one out of a 94 just needs a little washing....

Mayco man....I know they get a bad rep but if you do the prep work like sanding and everything you'll get a good paint job. Have had 3 cars done and they all lasted for over 5-years+ I would say longer but i dont own them anymore but they looked great. Only reason Mayco usually isn't good is cause they just paint right on top of the old without sanding which is why it peels. Of course also depends on where since they are technically indepent shops. I plan on either goin there or to a friends paint booth and letting him do it for cheap just so i can get some non peeling paint on my car unlike now when i start goin down the highway paint start to come off my bumper
    Last edited by bmxmike; 02-11-2008 at 02:15 AM

lol... hit the autobahn and your car will be stripped very nicely ;)

paint is the least of my worries rite now... ide like to paint it, but ide rather have it running correctly b4 i worry bout paint... but my mom said she would pay for it to go through the shop....

TGC Regular
    looks like its coming along nicely. What color are you planning on going with. If you're planning on going with silver you should go over the car with some 500 or 600 grit. 320 may show through basecoat, unless you're painting it black.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

silverlightning
    320 works, but maybe once your done w the 320 wet sand the whole thing with 400, that way you know for sure nothing will show thru once you paint ;)

My color will be Duplicolor Deep Blue. I am using the duplicolor system that is already mixed and ready to shoot. I am planning on laying one coat of primer, two coats of blue, and three coats of clear.

My Galant Finallys Gets Paint

Update on my paint project. I decided that painting myself would be way over my head, so I just did the sanding and prep work. My friend who has his own paint and body shop did the painting for me. The color I went with is Blue Slate Metallic. OE paint from the 2008 Infinity G35s. We painted last night. Here are some photos before during and after.

Last edited by PogiGreg; 03-09-2008 at 03:45 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    looks pretty good what color is it exactly the pics are a little dark

Looking nice, can't wait to see fully finished pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    looks pretty good what color is it exactly the pics are a little dark
    The color is Lakeshore Slate Metallic. I will take some more photos in the daylight. later.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    dang that is a nice choice of color :D

2 thumbs up

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow, awesome job, i love that color

i want to paint mine blue but i dont have the time, gutz, or tools

looks good bro, i like the outcome
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Looking nice! I love the color.

I think it's this blue let me double check:
    Last edited by G-spot; 03-09-2008 at 06:32 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Looks great Pogi. I might going the same route you did before you painted your Galant. I think I am going to sand down the car and take it to a place to get it painted. Just wish I knew somebody that could give me a hook up.

The paint looks nice and great choice, i am sure it will be stunning when its all finished.

BTW, I should be getting in contact with you soon about the headlights.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Looks great Pogi. I might going the same route you did before you painted your Galant. I think I am going to sand down the car and take it to a place to get it painted. Just wish I knew somebody that could give me a hook up.

The paint looks nice and great choice, i am sure it will be stunning when its all finished.

BTW, I should be getting in contact with you soon about the headlights.
    Cool, no problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast