The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharger? Turbo? anyone??

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Supercharger? Turbo? anyone??

ya so, a little while ago i was all about puttin in a turbo...but then i got married and realized i'm doomed to being broke all the time.

has ANYONE supercharged, or turbo'd their 9g?? pictures, dyno..tell us all about it.

SOLD.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I would LOVE to see a 9g Ralliart turbo.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    thats something to see.

sailordude74
    someone be a pioneer! do it!

whoa dusthead you have the same rims as me just in black o_O never seen another galant with my rims. :P
    Anyways yeah that would be sick FI on a 9g ralliart
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

ide like to turbo it, but ide only do that after i swap the tranny for a 5spd... and ide only do that if the one in my car died... which isnt all that unimaginable...

OH, and if i could afford it... unless you'd like to buy it for me :D... but yea, if the problems im having now are my tranny, im gonna drive it till it dies, then swap it out for a 5spd :D

SHIT..... i jumped generations again... wtf ?!?!?!!?

if someone near me and was gonna litterally help me step by step, i probably wouldda done some sort of setup a long time ago
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

That would be cool actually.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Are the turbos and 6-speed tranny from a Lancer Evolution not transferable?
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

^ screw that puny thing lets see one of them 3.8's turbod!

Yeah I'd rather see the 3.8 Mivec put out :)
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

I haven't looked into it but i'm sure someone with a 4g has done one or the other. Wouldn't that be easily adaptable to the 9g?

222whp/250wtq

The new Ralliarts with the 3.8 MIVEC do have room for turbos. On both banks. Plus, for an additional $1,600. the factory will install the 6sp from the Eclipse in it. Special order one with the 6sp and the factory warranty still covers everything. Of course, that would change when you boost it. But untll then, it would be a sweet ride for stock.
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by the_boogiman View Post
    The new Ralliarts with the 3.8 MIVEC do have room for turbos. On both banks. Plus, for an additional $1,600. the factory will install the 6sp from the Eclipse in it. Special order one with the 6sp and the factory warranty still covers everything. Of course, that would change when you boost it. But untll then, it would be a sweet ride for stock.
    Wait what!? Too bad it's still FWD

Quote Originally Posted by the_boogiman View Post
    Great. Now if I can just take this engine from the 9G and install it into my 8G along with the 4G 6-speed transmission. Hope someone decides to create a twin-turbo kit for this engine.