The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HDR Picture Thread

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 178
    HDR stands for High Dynamic Range... you take 3 or more seperate pics at different exposures, then merge them together. Thus creating some totally awesome pix like

here are a few that friends of mine took

im gonna be doing some experimenting soon..... well when its warm, and i get a new lens to replace the broken one... but stuff for my G come b4 the lens prolly

These pics look absolutely amazing. Great work guys. I could look at this all day. Do any of you guys ever blow pics up and hang them in your house or is it that possible. I'm totally fascinated by all of this so forgive me if I sound stupid.

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    Wow! I really need to learn this whole HDR sh*t. Is this a new concept?
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    Wow! I really need to learn this whole HDR sh*t. Is this a new concept?
    :D

Kid
    X2

I want my car done.

Anbody know where to find some good tutorials? i have photoshop cs3.

Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

there are alot of how-to videos on youtube now

here is a cool timelapse HDR video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnXCeFOZY0&NR=1
    Last edited by underated; 02-13-2008 at 04:09 AM

Damn these pictures are so cool! I am now hooked on this stuff. I have taking pics all morning and making HDR pics lol. So far I suck, but I will get the hang of it. My camera does not have the bracket setting and I am having trouble keeping the tripod still while I adjust the settings. Man you guys have some talent.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    What camera & spec do you need to accomplish this effect?

any camera, set 3 diff exposures and combine them. thats it, you can have the shittiest camera nd itll work

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

damn thats hot, i gotta do that as well!

TGC Regular

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i have the Canon PowerShot A410 but how do you change the exposure, or do you do that on PhotoShop and not the camera?

i have a sony cybershot with 5.0 mega pixel and a canon with 7.1 mega pixel would they do the job in this case?

devgrp that first pic is NICE! come to washington and take some pics of my car. haha

ps. your seats look really far back, dod you put them down for the shot or somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    i have the Canon PowerShot A410 but how do you change the exposure, or do you do that on PhotoShop and not the camera?
    press the "func. set" button near the lcd screen and go to -/+0 option those are your exposure settings
    Last edited by underated; 02-14-2008 at 11:47 PM

djflex167 what model numbers are the cameras i'm pretty sure either camera would be able to do it tho... it would probably be better to use the 7mp canon go into your cameras menu and look for something like "exp.+/-" or "AE" or 0+/-
    Last edited by underated; 02-14-2008 at 11:51 PM

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    devgrp that first pic is NICE! come to washington and take some pics of my car. haha

ps. your seats look really far back, dod you put them down for the shot or somthing?
    Nah, thats how I drive with my seats. lol

For all who is asking for help, please RTFM lol. Check it, if you have a P&S camera, you have to use a tripod. Take one picture at normal exposure, take another underexposed -2 stops and then one overexposed +2 stops, then combine in PS CS3 or you can use Photomatix which does a better job

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast