The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions for Building a Turbo Galant

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Brian_H

Questions for Building a Turbo Galant

Hey.... I have a 2001 Galant ES Just wondering when I build a turbo kit will a Fuel Pump from a Eclipse Fit and which one is a good one ?
    Plus do I need to change Fuel Injectors ? which ones ?
    When I change Fuel Injectors do I need to get my Mass Air Meter recalibrated or my Computer Flashed.

Thanks for the Help !!!

Brian

[/img][/url]

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar

Re: Questions for Building a Turbo Galant

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian_H)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey.... I have a 2001 Galant ES Â* Just wondering when I build a turbo kit will a Fuel Pump from a Eclipse Fit Â*and which one is a good one ?
    Plus do I need to change Fuel Injectors ? Â* which ones ?
    When I change Fuel Injectors do I need to get my Mass Air Meter recalibrated or my Computer Flashed.

Thanks for the Help !!!

Brian

[/img][/url]</div>

If your buidling ur turbo on the Eclipse, i would take it off teh GS-T, easier to find.. In most case your going to have to take the ECu off the GS-T for the turbo to work.. you can take the fuel pump, if u want but you will want to upgrade to a walbro 255 for increased fuel pressure... to run at optimum boots ur injectors will have to be changed stock injectors will not be able to handle the load, most of the guyz who have turbo upgrades are running about 440-500cc injectors... If i were u, i would just take the mass of the eclipse and you that one, but thats just mean, trying to use as many stock parts just incase i would run into problems..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Brian_H
    So which year Eclipse should I buy a 255 pump for.. and which year has the correct fuel Injector ?

Thanks for the reply man

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian_H)</div><div class='quotemain'>So which year Eclipse should I buy a 255 pump for.. and which year has the correct fuel Injector ? Â*

Thanks for the reply man Â*

Brian</div>

The easiest to find would prolly be a 95-96 2gen Eclipse... U could run stock injectors if there still in good condition, but i recommend upgrading them...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Is there an Exaust Manifold we can get for it? Not looking to pull one off another car unless I have to. But is there one made especially for the Galant/Eclipse?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is there an Exaust Manifold we can get for it? Not looking to pull one off another car unless I have to. But is there one made especially for the Galant/Eclipse?</div>

locally you can find one at extreme motorsports you can find there site by a quick google search. I believe they charge 500 or so, but they will bolt up with no problems. The stock alternative is a 2g eclipse

sure lazarus, order yourself an evoIII exhaust maniold from http://www.forcedperformance.com then, Tell them I sent you, and I deserve a free turbo.

no pulling From used cars... brand new, ~$160 and jon Will port it so pretty-like.

while you're there.. check out the price for an EVOIII 02 housing...

I know josh @ conicelli ( http://www.partznet.com ) sells EVOIII brand new, un-ported for $165
    the only downside, is that they have a different angle from DSM ones, so you have To have a custom downpipe made (which, you will have to do anyways...)
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>sure lazarus, order yourself an evoIII exhaust maniold from http://www.forcedperformance.com then, Tell them I sent you, and I deserve a free turbo.

no pulling From used cars... brand new, ~$160 and Â*jon Will port it so pretty-like.

while you're there.. check out the price for an EVOIII 02 housing...

I know josh @ conicelli ( http://www.partznet.com ) sells EVOIII brand new, un-ported for $165
    the only downside, is that they have a different angle from DSM ones, so you have To have a custom downpipe made (which, you will have to do anyways...)</div>

Thanks for the post, i was just about to go to my lucky super Junkyard, and see if i could come up with one..

shane... when you're in Ma.. where do you stay????

maybe a turbo galant (or fast ones in general) meet is due?
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr