The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Turbo W/ Auto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    My small 16g began to spool at around 2200 and was fully spooled by 2800. The 50 trim begins around 2600 and is at full spool by 3200. Powerband is pretty much from whenever the turbo spools until redline, although due to the cam profile, peak power and torque are still around the same area of the powerband as stock.

222whp/250wtq

horsepower?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

torque?

222whp/250wtq

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW

i mean thanks you guys alot for telling me but i want 2 run it with the auto tan for like 2 months max or lass and than 5speed it how good would that be on it

I would never use an ebay brand turbo. You also know that does not include half of the things you would need correct?

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Its not the best idea, the auto trans fails under just even stock power. You can swap in an auto trans from a turbo fwd 2g which will be able to handle a lot more power. Or just 5spd swap.

Will the 2g turbo auto trans work with the 7g tcu, or would you need the 2g tcu as well?

oooo any good websites for turbo's because im thinking that 14b because i dont want 2 go cazy with it like that you know and can you tell me if these headers is good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-E...ayphotohosting

If you really wanted to go turbo you would realize a header is of absolutely no use to you. A turbo vehicle uses an exhaust manifold. Not to mention I think that's for the 420a engine variant 2g.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Please do a hell of a lot more research so you at least understand what you are talking about.

222whp/250wtq

yeah hell yeah i know what turbo is and everything so what is a best site for a 14b

A lot of people know what a turbo is, but most don't have any idea of the other parts required to properly run a turbo, especially on a stock N/A motor. Save your money, you're better off investing in a book on the subject.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

i don't think you will have a working setup anytime.

this forum has so many tutorials and threads on how to turbo the car. you are getting in way over your head. i've been collectin parts for months and still am not ready.

LEARN the basics

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    yeah hell yeah i know what turbo is and everything so what is a best site for a 14b
    No offense but you don't know shit about turbocharging a vehicle. I'll even bet my left nut that you will never own a turbo 7g.

222whp/250wtq

duh this is my 1st car thats why im asking the pro like you

Ok so stop being lazy and go do your research like EVERYONE else has posted and you'll find answers. Being ignorant and expecting us to hand out answers when we spent months researching how to do the exact same thing is some bullshit. After you go teach yourself something feel free to pm me with any actual questions you have but for now all your getting from me is this:

SEARCH NOOB!!!!!

222whp/250wtq

That's what Search is for. Turbocharging the 7G has been discussed so many times that the questions asked in this topic are redundant. You can asks questions, but geez asking about using an ebay turbo kit...or a 420A header...or where to get a 14B. Come on now.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

yea well thank you guys for beeing real

i got a 14b i'm prob getting rid of. pm me if you are interested

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    yeah, for the work and effort you're gonna do, I would suggest doing the turbo and tranny swap at the same time, or even tranny swap first to get used to the manual tranny. It's possible you can get the basics for a tranny swap real cheap. I went to a jy and pulled all the parts my self for less than $150. Most JY's will price manual tranny for cheaper than auto trannys.

In the ten years i've had my car, i went through 5 tranny's (2 of them came from AAMCO and didn't last a day) before i swapped to 5 spd. The last one (also from AAMCO ) didn't go out, but never ran 100%.

Our auto tranny is made by Chrysler, which is notorious for powertrain problems. thats why they now have a lifetime warranty on them. they are trying to rebuild thier reputation.

WarmAndSCSI
    Pretty sure the 7G automatic is a Mitsubishi (specifically, an Aisin?) F4A23-2. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely not a Chrysler transmission, not sure who told you that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast