The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Turbo W/ Auto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 62
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    My info came from a guy that works for Chrysler, but i also factored in a lot of other things, like the older dodge stratus and some others have mitsu engines in them, the eagle talon and eclipse are basically the same car(every generation, remember the Dodge Laser). I'm sure Mitsu wasn't going to do all the work, so chrysler had to come up with something on their end.

Plus, i'd hate to think Mitsu crapped a terd like the auto tranny and didn't flush out of the system. It just doesn't add up to the quality of work they are known for.
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 02-20-2008 at 10:40 AM

It's a Mitsu if I remember correctly, there was a list of transmissions on a Vfaq I had.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    guess i'm wrong

Automatic Transmissions

GALANT 89-93 4 SPEED FWD L4 2.0L KM175-5/F4A22-2
    GALANT 91-92 4 SPEED AWD Turbo L4 2.0L W4A32-1
    GALANT 94 4 SPEED FWD L4 2.4L F4A33-1
    GALANT 94-98 4 SPEED FWD L4 2.4L KM177-8/F4A23-2
    GALANT 95-98 4 SPEED FWD V6 2.5L 41TE (A604)
    GALANT 99-01 4 SPEED FWD L4 2.4L F4A42
    GALANT 99-01 4 SPEED FWD V6 3.0L F4A51

Mitsubishi Transmission

Chrysler Transmission

Source - http://www.plymouthlaser.com/atfaqs.htm

Strange, the 6A12 model ended up with a Chrysler Transmission while the others remained Mitsubishi. Is it the same on the 6A13?
    Last edited by bmore303; 02-20-2008 at 01:14 PM
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    how good is it to put a turbo on 4g64 with a automatic transmission i was looking at the evo3 turbo 16 i think
    I would say go with it because i have a big 16g turbo and the transmission is holding pretty good. The down side would be the lag between the gears in automatic. I am thinking of doing a transmission swap before this summer.

so can i ask this now can i have my transmission rebuilt for a turbo anysize!!!

what do you mean by that?? If you are going to waste the money on having it rebuilt then y not spend the money to have a 5spd put in. Automatic transmissions dont last in fwd cars. All the stress from the motor has to go through such a small area and its very hard to strengthen them. If you really want to run the automatic transmission and boost i would recommend going with the 14b and running a very large tranny cooler, and would never boost above 4lbs. IMO!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

dammm guess it is time 2 look in 2 that 5 speed chage

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    what do you mean by that?? If you are going to waste the money on having it rebuilt then y not spend the money to have a 5spd put in. Automatic transmissions dont last in fwd cars. All the stress from the motor has to go through such a small area and its very hard to strengthen them. If you really want to run the automatic transmission and boost i would recommend going with the 14b and running a very large tranny cooler, and would never boost above 4lbs. IMO!
    i thought the auto granny handles more than 4lbs of boost ?? Well I guess I will find out once I get my setup finished
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

The auto tranny can hold as much boost as the stock block will...about 10-12ish....15ish on meth injection. The problem lies in how long will the auto tranny hold? It's not uncommon for the 7g auto tranny to take a shit on anyone. You can baby the car around town and the auto will last a long time, or you can let it rip fairly often and be swapping the 5 spd a month later .
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

ok got a auto

got an auto wanting to change to the DOHC turbo, i know you all say not so good......can you explain why is it strgenth of the gears or the fact that wit a 5sp you can control the RPM towards the speed, VS the computer

My tranny guy says he can rebuild me an auto tranny that will handle the Turbo.

oooo ok i could find the turbo fwd 2g at a junk yard or do the 5speed because i want something like http://item.express.ebay.com/Turbo-K...mdZExpressItem
    but i want to spoon at 3500 or you tell me what you would do??
    thats definitely a bad kit. My car has been boosted for a while and has 84k miles on the tranny and stock internals. The transmission will be fine if you run boost under 10psi. I am currently running 13 psi on stock transmission and it has been holding up longer then i expected it would. But, this summer i am going to be doing a manual swap so i recc you do a manual swap first and then work on the turbo kit. Do not get ebay knock off turbo kits as the turbos tend to blow up after a while and the exhaust manifold crack!

dammm thats^^^ was up feel me

kbeast
    man im trying to figure out wTf you are talking about. For real i mean im black and still dont understand. "was up" feel me. um no Gaylord. Yeah man if you really want to go boosted you should map out everything on a piece of paper. You can EBAyall your parts and blow something or your can go buy decent parts. Im buy parts for my car now. its easy if you work on it in parts. i just brought everything for my fuel system now im going to read on tuning and find out whats best and so on and so on. Only you can answer what to do for your car and last this is my first turboed car and first car and im 19 in college but you need to READ AND READ AND READ then ask. dont be scared to ask smart questions. hell i ask Drew something like almost every night. for example instead of asking where to find a 14b. read then understand then you might ask something like what are the banjo fitting size for the coolent return. well good luck to ya
    Last edited by kbeast; 05-05-2008 at 12:52 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    man im trying to figure out wTf you are talking about. For real i mean im black and still dont understand. "was up" feel me. um no Gaylord. Yeah man if you really want to go boosted you should map out everything on a piece of paper. You can EBAyall your parts and blow something or your can go buy decent parts. Im buy parts for my car now. its easy if you work on it in parts. i just brought everything for my fuel system now im going to read on tuning and find out whats best and so on and so on. Only you can answer what to do for your car and last this is my first turboed car and first car and im 19 in college but you need to READ AND READ AND READ then ask. dont be scared to ask smart questions. hell i ask Drew something like almost every night. for example instead of asking where to find a 14b. read then understand then you might ask something like what are the banjo fitting size for the coolent return. well good luck to ya
    not every night
    i agree with kbeast, i'm currently installing a 14B. i started reading and researching back in august of 07'; gathering parts and fittings since then, just started installing in february. make sure you know what turbo you want and how much power you wanna produce. don't be afraid to ask questions either (although we're not gonna spoon-feed ya ) Most of the info i learned was from books and members who are boosted now.

good luck on your build :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

^^^ yeah i know that i know how a turbo works and everything i been in turbo cars and got alot of infor from you guys and other people from work but im not going to go with my first turbo to me at 16G but a lower 1 so i know what im getting in to...

^^^ yeah i know that i know how a turbo works and everything i been in turbo cars and got alot of infor from you guys and other people from work but im not going to go with my first turbo to me at 16G but a lower 1 so i know what im getting in to...
    a lower turbo than a 16G is a 14B, you can install that. not sure is any members here installed anything smaller than that on our car. i think anything smaller then a 14B may be too inefficient with our motor.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    a lower turbo than a 16G is a 14B, you can install that. not sure is any members here installed anything smaller than that on our car. i think anything smaller then a 14B may be too inefficient with our motor.
    what is the best turbo for you...

for me (personally) it's the 14B cuz i want boost around the 2000-4000rpm range (around 8-10psi). even when i shift i don't have to wait to spool up. not looking for anything over 250hp either (not like it'll get to that point )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast