The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Little Bit Of This, Little Bid Of That..

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 438
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    you did an awesome job on that dash. i need to do mine since im keeping it now

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Well I got it home yesterday. It is North star white. The damage is exactly what I though it would be, Hood, Radiator, Radiator support, Headlights, grill and maybe bumper but I think I can fix that hole. I pulled that radiator support back as far as I could to bring some of the parts back to normal, like hoses and such. It also has a premium sound package I guess. I did not know they came that way for an ES.

I also took a short video, radiator being busted, I did not want to run the car too long. There are no leaks anywere and if you ask me, that was the best 800 bucks ever spent. I could have this fixed for 400 bucks and ready to go in 1 day if I wanted to and sell it for 3500, easy. I dont know yet though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    damn good luck on the work, you are one lucky/hard working guy to be making money like that

that looks like a lot of work holy crap. well good luck and I know you do good work so it will look and function well when you sell it!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Lot of work??? Nah, that to me is light damage. Only thing is getting the old radiator support off and then the new one welded on. I might just use this car for parts for my daily though an dthen I will just junk the rest but I dont know, I have to wait untill Monday to see if I can get it registered. Oklahoma is very strict on Salvaged Cars, not really that strict, they just want more money from you so they make you work to get another salvaged title.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 05-04-2008 at 02:21 PM

lol i call that a lot of work cause I have never ventured to do such a thing but then again that is your life.....prolly seems easy
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I've been tearing that 01 up. I decided to rebuild my daily since I have this Galant with so many good parts, I might as well use them. So far I've been taking the interior out and cleaning it and I'm done with that except the seats. I'm taking the front control arms, rear control arms and doing the disc swap since they are out, exhaust, trunk lid, rear reinforcement bar and bumper. Next week I'm pulling the engine and transmission out and after that I will start installing it all on my daily.

The 02 is done.

Damn dude, you're an animal. Every time I look, you have a car completely pulled apart, then the next day, it's back looking pristine. Nice work. Its fun to watch

I know these galants pretty well. Took me 1 hours today to remove and install suspension front and rear in the 02. 30 minutes to pull all the doors off and remove my chrome door handles, install the stock grey ones and put them back together. On top of that I was pulling the suspsension knuckle in the rear of the 01, cleaning parts and messing with my brothers atv. It's like that at my house everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I know these galants pretty well. Took me 1 hours today to remove and install suspension front and rear in the 02. 30 minutes to pull all the doors off and remove my chrome door handles, install the stock grey ones and put them back together. On top of that I was pulling the suspsension knuckle in the rear of the 01, cleaning parts and messing with my brothers atv. It's like that at my house everyday...
    Lol dayum!!! all day everyday huh? ^.^
    p.s. I think you should install that sunroof on the daily if you know how which I am sure you do
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

In the works, never really done one but theres always a first.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    dang dude i gotta come out there n have u take a look at my g
    03 I4

hell yeah Ray! that ish will be sick! lol take your time with that, i know i dont need to say it but check your measurements more than twice before you cut :P
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 05-09-2008 at 04:00 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    dang dude i gotta come out there n have u take a look at my g
    Whats wrong with you G??

Finished the disc swap today. I just have to install it on my daily but I'm waiting on a few parts before I start tearing into my daily.

If you do this swap, make sure and torque these bolts to 90 ft lbs.

This is the other thing I've been working on. No damge to it, just taking it apart to clean, lube, paint the wheels black etc.

Last edited by RAZ_76; 05-09-2008 at 09:54 PM

damn must be sooo much easier to do the swap with the whole assembly out! looking good!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    What do you do for a living?? You must make a ton of money to afford all of those toys you have..

Great job!

Oh yeah, in the pic of the door sill, it's on the wrong side of the car..

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    damn must be sooo much easier to do the swap with the whole assembly out! looking good!
    It's actually easier to just take out the brake line and the 4 bolts on the back, I just did it this way because I'm taking that entire rear assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    What do you do for a living?? You must make a ton of money to afford all of those toys you have..

Great job!

Oh yeah, in the pic of the door sill, it's on the wrong side of the car..

This is what I do for a living, those are investments, not my toys. The door sill is on the wrong side of the car because I was only taking a picture and the other side was too close to the wall and could not open it all the way, I just picked one, didn't think it mattered until now...
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 05-10-2008 at 06:03 AM

5/12/08 ( UPDATE )

This is what I've been doing for past couple of days. Finishing up that 02 Polaris ATV, had bent frame. Getting the rest of the parts for the 07 Kawasaki ZX-10R so I can finish that. Gutting that 01 for the rest of the interior parts I need. Swapped trunks, bought Ingallas camber kit front and rear and as soon as that gets here, I will also do the rear disc swap, I've been Dynamatting my rear deck and front doors, cleaning parts that will go in my 99. Got new Falken 225/45/17 tires, new spoiler, jdm bumper, kyb agx suspension and small things. I sold my other infiniti and was able to get some things...:p

My dog watching me.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 05-13-2008 at 09:03 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    hey whats the condition of that passenger side fender lol

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast