The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AGX Strut setup

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    HiperSilver

AGX Strut setup

yo, i just got my skunk2 coilovers and kyb agx struts installed today
    its lowered 2 inches and i dont relaly like the ride, its pretty bumpy, actually really bumpy, what number do you have your struts set at, chances are im gonna just go and raise and do a 1.5 inch drop , will it be bad still? gimme some info on how to not make the ride suck so much

Gir

Re: AGX Strut setup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo, i just got my skunk2 coilovers and kyb agx struts installed today
    its lowered 2 inches and i dont relaly like the ride, its pretty bumpy, actually really bumpy, what number do you have your struts set at, chances are im gonna just go and raise and do a 1.5 inch drop , will it be bad still? gimme some info on how to not make the ride suck so much</div>

This is a part of the territory....if you smack your car really low, your gonna have shit for ride quality. It dont' matter what you do to it...it still won't ride half as well. You'll have to learn to deal with it as is, or just get springs and take off the coils if that is unbearable.

Experienced TGC Member
    It's gonna be stiff man, especially if you're coming straight from stock. I have the front set on 2 and the back on 3. My G was lowered 2 1/3 inches and it was rough there for a while. I just raised it back up because winter is coming and the ride has improved immensly! My G is only about 1" lower than stock now.
    Coils are made hard because well, they aren't springs. They are made to be set an numorous hight levels and must be able to take a beating at any level. I think raising em up does help but I have considered buying some drop springs instead and selling my Skunk2's. But nahhhhh, I'll role with it till I can afford a Tien setup or something.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Initial -G-host
    Whats up Hiper....how did the install go? Well....if you go from stock for awhile and suddenly go to a aftermarket performance shocks/struts and performance springs and even coilovers your ride will change no matter what. On the AGX's the lower the setting you have the softer the dampening will be giving you somewhat of a "softer" ride quality and the higher setting is more "stiff". The front struts have 4 settings...you idealy want the fronts a little stiffer than the rear for performance benefits. The rears have 8 way settings so...generally between settings 1-3 you get a soft ride, 4-5 a average ride and 6-8 for more of a stiff dampening. You also have new shock/struts...so rebound will be much more quicker and even more quicker because they are performance based. (This is important because you want your tires to stay with contact with the road) Make sure they installed the coilovers correctly. I have known a couple of people that have had the rears on the fronts and the fronts at the rear and experienced suck ass ride quality. Each spring is designed to handle certian weights and if not installed correctly your ride and performance will definelty suffer. You also have to consider where you are driving and I am assuming you have low profile tires which also has a effect on ride quality. You have to remember that when performance suspension are developed and made, "luxury" ride quality is not a issue.