The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold removal Guide?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Intake Manifold removal Guide?

I searched, but I didnt find any useful info. The new system on this site is kinda weird, maybe i missed it.

But is there any tutorial on the removal of the throttle body and intake manifold? I remember there was one, but I can't find it.

I think is time for me to clean that sucker. Acceleration is getting sluggish. throttle responds is also dying.

Should I just take it to a mechanic and let them remove it? clean and reinstall?
    also, i need a new gasket when reinstall right?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its not hard, its just bolted to the head. Just remove wiring, throttle cable, any grounds, and start unbolting. Why are you removing the intake mani just to clean it?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    It's not hard but a lot of stuff to take out, fuel line pressure to relieve, fuel injectors to remove, coolant to drain etc. It could get confussing so get a Haynes manual and it will show you step by step on what to do.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-16-2008 at 07:56 PM

Are we talking about a V6 or an I4? On my V6 the first time I did it, it took me forever, now I can do it in a breeze lol. It's not hard, just time consuming, I def wouldn't pay someone to do it. And I din't have to do any of those above: only bolts, and vacum hoses.

Here's a headstart: http://home.pacbell.net/fong8/gstuff/tjc_plenum.htm