The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo question.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

turbo question.

I dont know if this has been asked before but im looking into getting a turbo set up for my galant and i was just wondering if front bumper removel is needed to install the pipeing and the intercooler or if it can be done without doing so.because i just got my car out of the paint shop and have my front bumper molding on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Good luck. Unless you cut the bumper from the bottum and just slide it in ... its not going to be fun.
    7g for life!

If you want the FMIC to be mounted securely then you will have to remove the bumper. So like Seth said, good luck.

222whp/250wtq

so theres no way of mounting it securely without removing or cutting the bumper.theres no way of making a bracket or somthing.or would my best bet be to got to some local speed shops and see what they can do?

Take off the bumper cover, and look at it.

It would be possible to put a very short (narrow) FMIC butted up right underneath the steel bumper. Take a tape measure and check the height from the bottom of the steel bumper, to about where the bumper cover ends. That's as tall as you could go with it still in there.

About cutting your bumper cover, you WILL have to trim it regardless. If you have fog lights, don't plan on keeping them, unless you can McGuyver your I/C plumbing!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    the OP said the front bumper is molded to it

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You could push the FMIC up into the bumper and weld a support to the bottum of the FMIC and to the bottum of the radiator support, just wont be much fun in the process.
    7g for life!