The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Exhausts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 54
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

There really isnt any performance gains to dual exhaust in anything. Hell I see alot of build turbocharged LSx motors running single's. Nothing wrong with a single, but if you absolutly cant do without the look, run a single back before the muffler then Y it off, its not really going to be dual exhaust, it will still give you that look though.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i have a y-pipe sitting at home, i got it from another member a few years back. just pay shipping and it's yours.
    -Pedro

Ya at the moment I'm teetering between getting dual exhausts. I love the look but I'm afraid its a little close to rice-looking. I dunno, if i find some cheap mufflers to dual with a y-pipe than i might do it.

Does anyone know how much hp is lost by adding a second exhaust?
    I have the V6 model if that makes any difference

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Ya i read before i posted and i got that it doesnt sound ricey with a V6 but i read somewhere in there it might hinder performance, so i was wondering how much as in a number??

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    couldnt tell you since theres no dyno sheet out tehre im aware of and you cant really guesstimate it either but it would still be in your best interest not to do it since it wasnt designed for it... unless of course you plan on spending the money to really have it done correctly

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    lose hp? i doubt that since there is less restriction on the flow

For raz every car is rice except his
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Shut up nooblet!! whats rice on my car??? If you gonna open your big fat mouth than have prove to back it up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad View Post
    i have a y-pipe sitting at home, i got it from another member a few years back. just pay shipping and it's yours.
    that was meee

Unless you have a V6 and run separate piping for each bank all the way back, I wouldn't bother.

TGC Regular
    I also have a V6 with a dual canister mufflers set-up. I used a Ractive canister style with 4.5 inch round tips. All the members in the ATL area and also a few in the Savanah area have seen and heard it. The muffler has a nice low tone, and not the raspy ricer sound. However the shop that originally mounted this system didn't do the best job in the world, it was ok for the price at that time. They put more of a "T" in the piping, by branching the 2nd side off the original exhaust, rather than mounting a "Y" in the pipe further back. So now 90% of the flow comes from the original side and 10% from the 2nd. Also they are slightly uneven and hang too low. Every time I come off a decline or up an incline, they scrape a little and my car isn't even lowered. I plan on having it redone by a different shop,when it's closer to the time for me to lower and install my kit. But this time I'll be using a Y- pipe, and 2 regular style mufflers with smaller, oval tips for added ground clearance. This is the tip I'll be using for version 2.0:

funny thread! lol

It looks great when you get a body kit as long as the hole on the right side of the rear bumper is cut correctly and looks flush. Any suggestions on a kit I should get for dual exhausts?

Any body kit, really! I mean they don't make one for a Galant with 2 exhaust openings so you will have to make one yourself, so get whatever you like.

No, I meant what exhaust kit should I get? I was looking at GReddy.

I am not thinking about getting dual exhaust but i was just wondering, technically, why it would reduce performance to switch to it???
    2002 Galant GTZ
    1967 Cougar XR-7 w/289 c.i. (Project)

Greddy is good!

Quote Originally Posted by criz067 View Post
    I am not thinking about getting dual exhaust but i was just wondering, technically, why it would reduce performance to switch to it???
    The difference would be unnoticeable if you just do 2 mufflers unless u run FI .... basically. You need true dual, you would get arguable more hp because of the exhaust goes straight to the muffler while the stock exhaust (y-pipe), the pressure would get built in the middle before being splitted on the rear/muffler again , hence less smoother flow.....

So it just comes down to preference .
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-19-2008 at 11:30 AM

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    i don't see why it would reduce performance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast