The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: asking about my gas consumed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    demon69eyes

asking about my gas consumed

guys just want to ask,why is it that my 8g is consuming a lot of gas when i step a little hard on the pedal.
    The gas meter goes down so fast..

what am i gonna do??pls i need help:(..gas these days are not cheap.:p:p

its a gas pedal. the more you press it, the more gas is fed to your engine.

i bet if you don't press it at all, your gas will last much longer.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    lmao

are you having problems with gas milage at all in general or just the obvious here?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    just the obvious. lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    you guys are meanies!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    the gas gauges on our cars arent that accurate, like when I fill my car up all the way the needle will stay above full for about 30-45 min of driving before it starts to go down.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

well i think you answered your own question......

Next time the needle gets low, go and fill it up and see how much gas it takes. Mines still has about 4 gallons left when the needle nears empty. If I remeber right 8G gas tanks are 15 gallons, you may have more gas left than you realise.
    Last edited by Gtsnapper; 08-05-2008 at 11:20 PM

On my GTZ the last 1/4 of a tank is used faster compared to the rest of the tank.

demon69eyes
    but guyz when i step on the pedal slightly hard..the gas meter awfully goes down fast. i think 1/2 kilometer is to 1 liter for my 8g.when the normal consumtion should be 8kilometer per liter. thats pretty hard on my budget for the gas..gas here in the philippines aint cheap you know.(",) what should i check???

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Check your foot, something is definitely wrong with your foot. Led foot, that shit is poisonous.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    we need pics.

Experienced TGC Member
    if you can get measurements that would be really helpful, try and stay metric too, metric measurements are best. gas pedal, foot size, pedal distance to floor, etc... we can really do some calculating to see where the problem is once we have those measurements (in metric)
    -Chris

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ni2 View Post
    On my GTZ the last 1/4 of a tank is used faster compared to the rest of the tank.
    they say you get the best mpg if you dont let your car get below a half tank

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22 View Post
    if you can get measurements that would be really helpful, try and stay metric too, metric measurements are best. gas pedal, foot size, pedal distance to floor, etc... we can really do some calculating to see where the problem is once we have those measurements (in metric)
    When requesting such things you also need to have the injector size+current fuel presure. So you'd need to hook up a fuel presure guage to log all these things. Also its best to clean your fuel filter(which you have 2 of) before you start logging this type of stuff.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    When requesting such things you also need to have the injector size+current fuel presure. So you'd need to hook up a fuel presure guage to log all these things. Also its best to clean your fuel filter(which you have 2 of) before you start logging this type of stuff.
    I have the AFPGC (Auto Fuel Pressure Gauge Controller) so I never have to worry about it, always forget about the manual process y'all have to go through for those of you w/out one. I have the S-Line 435 injectors though, def. worth the money...
    -Chris

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    he prolly has a twin turbo or something and we'll all be like "oh."

demon69eyes
    I think my gas tank has air in it.guyz do you think thats bad for the engine???
    GOOSEY2099 thanks for the advice on cleaning the filter.i should get a mechanic to do it..im not really good at DIY's (",)
    thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    they say you get the best mpg if you dont let your car get below a half tank
    That doesn't sound right to me...more gas = more weight = less mpg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast