The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: leak in the front

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 56
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

leak in the front

Someone Please Help. look at my last few posts about what is going wrong with this.

k so today i got in my car to find all my dads papers on the floor were wet so im like okay... whats going on here. i lift up the floor matt only to find a puddle of water. it is on the passenger side floor ONLY not the seat, not the door, not the center consil. i checked the front window and NOTHING its not wet around the top or anything. where could all this water have came from? i didnt even drive it in the rain at all it just rained on it so i know the windows werent down at all + the door or seat would have been wet too any ideas or suggestions?
    Last edited by 99 galant; 02-27-2008 at 06:02 AM

search for "water interior" and be amazed at the hundreds of threads that pull up. this is a common occurance.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

ok i searched but they knew where it was coming from... all i know is i have water infront of the passenger seat with no signs of where the water came from

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Solution is in this thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=water+leak

Had to search for "water leak".
    7g for life!

i dont think that helps bcuz nothing else is wet besides the floor. it was like that just from sitting i wasnt driving or anything so its not left turned and i dont feel any wet of where it could come from

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well if you didnt notice it untill now, who knows how long it has been there? It has to come from somewhere, either a clogged evap drain or your weather stripping is shot. Shouldnt be hard to figure out, when is it going to rain next?

If you didnt read that thread, this is the post I was referring to:
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    my guess is that you have a clogged evap drain. when you make left turns, do you hear the sound of rushing water? if so. then the evap drain is clogged and water isnt draining to the outside. the drain can be found standing on the driver side fender. its on the firewall, towards the bottom. if you look at the rear motor mount, its the black nub thats right behind it. i took an air compressor and blew air into the hole, freeing up the clog.
    Might try changing the cabin filter since you have a 99.
    7g for life!

well i was just down there and its the whole passenger side. only a little in the front but the back and everything is soaked too but only the floor how do i change the filter or if it is the sunroof drain how do i unclog it? its only on the passenger not the driver side tho

TGC Regular
    Trust me man :) i thought it was wierd toooo :P Its called the EVAP drain, its where your heatercore releases the condensation ( Drain valve that gets clogged ) Usally that is where your car pees from after you park it . If you had the heater or AC running for a while. It will leak condensation. This clogs up, and backs up the drain. Mine was leaking bad. But i went on a 5 hour roadtrip in the snow, and had the heater running full bore, so i had so much condensation, i could see it pouring out, It was running and leaking all from underneath the glovebox area. The entire Passenger side was soaked. like you explained.

I heard the rushing water way before i had the leaking water in the passenger side floor board. ( have you ever been making a left hand turn, with your heater on, And heard what sounds like rushing water, Or water hitting your wheel whells. And its not running ? Either way, You have a 8g galant, it i guarntee that Evap is plugged.

its a very Easy fix . Just Go outside, pop your hood, get a flashlight... stand by your drive door by your battery. shine the light down on your rear motor mount. ( this is when i noticed mine is broken lol ) anwyays... now if you look behind the motor mount, you will see a little numb ( Right on the firewall ) Its in a really hard to reach bad area. But you can reach down there and feel it is a little rubber thinggy, you just pull it off and go wash it out ;) mine was all clogged up. I took my air compressor, and blew it out ( the drain hole behind the motor mount ) replaced the black nub. That was the hardist part.... Was in a bad area to get back on. after i fixed this, I no longer had a wet passengerside !! Expecially with spring coming, you dont want that crap to mold man.
    Last edited by Eclipse97526; 02-18-2008 at 05:46 PM

TGC Regular
    Also the cabin filter will help alot, But they are like 80 $ at autozone here. So i just blew mine out with a air compressor. It was VERY dirty and clogged. And my AC barely Worked. Had nothing to do with the water problem at all, Was AC related problems i was having. its a eaxy fix tooo. Even though. i reccomend buying a new one, mine was NOT in good condition when i put it back in. but it was free of 1/2 inch of dirt and leaves. and i ghetto fabed myself a new filter lol. ( dont ask )

Go outside, get in the passenger side of your car. Open your glove box. when its hanging open you can look on the sides, ( there are little tabs that are holding the glovebox in its posistion, If you press in in these tabs, You can pull the glovebox open, so it will swing down, than can be easily lifted out of its little fitting.

Now behind the glovebox there is a little plastic guard. Heald in by 2 screws. Just undoo these 2 screws. And the filter is right there, you pull it out like an old 8 Trac Tape. just pull it out, and replace.

ok ill try to talk to a friend about using his air compressor when we do the spoiler on my car and ill take a look at the cabin filter later, but how does all that back up only effect the passenger side? and i saw your whole post about it but didnt think that the backup was what i had. but thankyou for looking and commenting

could you take pics for me? if possibly about where to find that plug

does anyone have a pic of where to find this thing. i cant find it

are you sure it's not coolant?

where would that leak in? all the water is just on half of the front floor and all of the back. theres NO sign anywhere of how it got in. the glove box isnt wet the front window isnt wet. the windows wernt down. im getting no where with this. and i cant find the plug that everyone else is telling me to clean out. i did clean out my cabin filter and it was gross but that isnt it bcuz its not leaking from the glove box

I have the same problem. It is either the evap drain like everyone says, or it is coming in from your doors. Open your passenger side door. Underneath the door connected towards the inside, there is a black rubber piece that goes under the door. Make sure it is on the inside of your car. When I say this I mean this: Try pulling the rubber towards you and feel behind it. While touching the actual car door (the metal) try and find a hole. You want the rubber behind that meaning inside of car>rubber>hole. I had this same problem and I fixed it because that hole was being clogged by that rubber piece.

Your weather strip is probably broken too. This would be the only way water would get into the car door. Unfortunately for me, water hit my rockford speakers and broke them. I had to buy new ones :(

hmm you know i did just mess with the back doors about 2 weeks ago. maybe i didnt put the strip at the bottom on rite ill go check that now

but if im not driving how could it get in?

Through the weather strip. It's that black strip that goes where the window comes out. That is most definitely shot if it's coming through the door. It can just go through the window opening and drip down through the door and onto the carpet.

I forgot to say, I know this because after I got my new speakers, I put a plastic bag coated with duct tape, so water wouldn't touch them. I can hear water dripping when my car is stationary when it hits the bag.

well i dont think its the top stripping i think its the bottom for me. thats the only part i messed with and theres no sign of water dripping down my doors at all, i mean the only thing i did was take the interior of the door off on both back doors and it only happens on the passenger side

I haven't even laid a finger on the weather strip and it still broke. Don't ask me how, because I have no idea. My car leaked on the passenger side door when I put the bags in. I'm guessing the bag was redirecting the water differently and was not leaving the door and was coming inside instead. After I played around with that bottom strip, it seems to have stopped.

Well at least I hope so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast