The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: leak in the front

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 56 of 56
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    yea well im still going to drain the evap just incase im wrong lol, im making her clean it tomorrow nah jk but its getting a good cleaning tomorow if the weather is warmer then today

Rastus
    Twins huh... could be fun. You think they've ever changed up on you without you knowing it?;)

nah i can tell them apart + at first her sister hated my guts for no reason other that neither had a bf before and someone new was taking time with her sister lol and my gf would hate if her sister got that close to me

oh the phone however, its hard to tell the voices and well they have a few times

WTF!

Look what I found today :(
    I guess I didn't fix anything!

dam that sucks, since i closed my doors harder now, no more water in my car

i really think that was the prob, but ill still drain the evap just so that i know for sure

I was going to do the evap drain, when I realized I didn't have anything to blow into the hole or anything thin enough to go up there. I was retarded and I took off the little hose. I was outside for a solid half hour trying to put that damn hose on. They really put that in the most uncomfortable place to get to.

Don't mean to jack your thread but is this what your's looked like? It's not dripping from the glove box. I opened up my door to see if it was dripping from the speaker. Here's some picture of the bag I had to make to cover it, but the metal around the speaker was dry so it can't be coming from there. The driver's side door has the same setup but it doesn't get wet so what gives.

hey, you can use the thread

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    dam that sucks, since i closed my doors harder now, no more water in my car

i really think that was the prob, but ill still drain the evap just so that i know for sure
    this was the prob for the rain storm about a week ago. NO water at all and it was really bad rain, but this time water.

so i still havnt found a chance to get to my friends for his air compressor. but what im wondering is, why does the pool party in my car only happen when it rains? this evap thing is weird. i cant wait to try that to figure out the next step tho. im not buying ANY carpet until this is solved. around 6:30 this morning it was only a little, by 1 after work it was a little more. then the realllly bad rain came and by 7 when i got back in tonight it was like a damn pool. why is it only when it rains?

you can try sitting in your car and asking a friend to hose your car. you can look for leaks that way

that might work, im going to find a way to drain that plug anyways, im not trying to say the help on here was wrong, im just questioning why it only happens in the rain, last nights storm added so much more. im going to take up the carpet after i figure it out

first, im trying the plug
    next, the passenger side weather strips.

Be sure you have time to drain the EVAP drain. That thing is such a bitch to get back on.

i still want to understand why it only is effected during a rain storm. im hoping its nothing worse, im still going to do it, but i want to understand what is going on either way

TGC Regular
    dude lol, stop wondering ! :P Get your butt on it !

First off, i saw the pictures, and it looks like 100 % pure water. Im just making sure that this is Water. with no antifreeze or anything mixed at all. I have already asked this question, but better safe than sorry.

The evap may or may not be the problem. But its a damn good start 90 % of the time, that is the problem, (expecially considering our cars are all 6-9 years old, And this is a common problem. Ontop of all that. it is free to fix. and easy if u have magic fingers that can slide it back on with a single fingertip, Yea, i got lucky lol. i almost said, @$@! this and threw that thing away, but i didnt want water just running down the inside of my engine compartment firewall, Just ads for rust and what not later on.

Basicly, Go clean this evap, you dont have to have a air compressor, the evap drain is about 1/3 inch in length and in depth ( the size of the tip of your thumb ) its not a bit part, no screws or bolts hold it on, it simply pulls off. getting it back is the hardist part. Pulls off easily, Feel around for the only soft rubbery thing you can feel right behind that motor mount i gave u pics of.
    When you remove it you will see that it is tapered, if u turn it around and tap it on the ground all the crap will fall out, freeing the line. go wash it off if you wish. and try to idmagine where the whole was. Now put it back :P this is the pain part.

But ... Now. You know if you fixed it for free or not :P or know if it is another problem.....
    and you can either try to dry out your carpet and hope for no mold.

OR... If that Did not fix it. Then you need to find the leak, Find the bad stripping or what the problem is,if it is not the evap drain, the only other legitimate thing i can think of it bieng, is a bad window seal, or what ever it is, ( the seal that actually prevents water from per say, running down the class and collecting in your door.

If this EVAP dont fix the problem. Get a garden hose, and sit inside, like homie said, and have him put it in certian areas for little bit and see if any water leaks threw. Repeat till you find the leak.

1. Evap Drain plug

2. Weather stripping ( goes along top of car, from front window to back window ) this is 95 % purley cosmetic, except the little tiny holes holding it on ) Basicly just allows water to run off the roof and either down the back side, or down the windshiled)

3. Door Seal stripping ( Rubber Stripping around the door itself ( this will only usally leak if there is something either pinched in the way, or if it is drying out and getting brittle and cracked. If this is in good condition. And easily bendable, with no cracks or brittle ness. Move on. to next step.

4. This one is kinda out there, i never heard of this happening, but kinda thought about it. Take your passengerside door pannel off, if it is not already. Roll your passengerside window up completly. Take the garden hose, And focus it on the rubber strip at the bottom of the glass ( where it goes into the door ) Keep this in one spot for a while. Basicly, you are checking to see if that seal is bad, and maybe somehow. Its like filling the door up with water, and then its slowly leaking into the inside.

Let me know how this is going, i would like to know hoow the progress is going, and if you got it fixed. If its not the EVAP, im very curious myself. never hurt to know what why when and how :P incase it happens to me, or happens again to others.

well i havnt had a chance to do it all at, thanks for your help threw it i just need to find the time with work and school to do it. im going to try to do it tomorrow. i just cant find it. im so retarted seriously. ill look at those pics again

my car is being weird tho. it only happens during the VERY hard or very long rain storms. the trunk has 5 gal of water and thats bcuz of my altezzas but the front hasnt leaked bcuz of no rain. im deff going to try to finally takle this issue tomorrow and ill post up what i found or what happens so that everyone else knows

i dont doubt that it can be this i just want to know why its only when it rains, but like you said i have to start somewhere and this is a good place to start

Good stuff

i know you guys are talking about water on the passenger side but if i have water on the driver side could this be cuz of the drain as well and its not alot of water but it builds up

well altho this is old, i got it fixed already and it was just what eclipse explained

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123