The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: leak in the front

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 56
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    so i should check not only that bottom one but the top one too? what do i have to look for in the top one and if it was the top would i see water marks going down my tint?

I have no idea how to check if it is broken. I mean on mine it was obvious. The strip could easily lift up and its not suppose to do that.

If I have time I'll take a picture to show you what I mean, but I'm not feeling to good right now.

kk well im going to check the bottom then, maybe ill ask to borrow my girlfriends dads wet vac for now to try to save the carpet. but im going to try to find that plug in the engine later bcuz i just cant find it and ill check the weather stripping on the top and bottom

Quote Originally Posted by spardavr4 View Post
    If I have time I'll take a picture to show you what I mean, but I'm not feeling to good right now.
    thanks, get better last week i had the flu bug that even people with the flu shot can get altho i had it worse for not having the shot at all

its not hard to locate. look for your rear motor mount. now look at your firewall. inbetween the rear motormount and the firewall should be your evap drain.

well whats the motor mount look like :( im car retarted seriously

size of a hockey puck thats holding up the motor

alright well i havnt had time to drain the evap plug but i dont think that is the prob. i talked with someone before about how it could be my weather stripping. well its ONLY wet under the seat, in front of the seat hardly and behind the seat alot. how is that from the evap drain? i think theres something wrong with the seals of the doors and i made sure that i didnt fix the back door where i think i messed with the bottom weather strip to see if it was leaking in from there. nope its not. could it be leaking in from behind the center piller between the two doors? i noticed my carpet was kinda going away from it in that spot so maybe it is coming in there and the glue to hold the carpet down is wearing away bcuz of it? any thoughts?

ok i just went down again, i think i have a seal problem in the back door upper seal. the right side of the back seat is kinda damp and the plastic that runs down the side of the seat is wet too. i think its running down that under the plastic piece at the bottom (Where some members installed chrome) and then down into the carpet. what can i do about this?

someone help please

TGC Regular
    dude, stewi or scsi woulda helped you already, it is the Evap drain plug, lol ok im going to go outside right now, even though its dark. Brb With pictures.

TGC Regular
    Well just so you know, this has to be one of the hardist pictures of anything u could want a picture of, but ill try to make the most sense of it.

Basicly. Standing buy your driver side front tire. As pictured...

and you look back along the firewall as pictured ( the motor mount is the hockey puck shapped thing, With a red tipped bolt going threw it.

a little closer shot of the motor mount.

Now this is going in even closer, trying to shine light back there so u can see it. It is the only Rubber little drain valve you can feel behind the motor mount, It is rubber, and you can pull it off, dont gotta unscrew it or anything. just grab and pull, I kinda squeezed it first, and my finger got wet, and i checked it, was plain old water, thats how i knew it was the EVAP

This takes ALOT longer to explain and to take pictures of. than it is to do it. the Hardist part was getting the valve back on, just unpluc this valve, Drive around the block a few times with your heater blastin, should get all the crap out. Then come back and put your little rubber thinggy back on, so it keeps dirt and what not from enterting VIA engine compartment.

TGC Regular
    i know you cant see exactly where it is at in that last picture, cause its to blury, and hard to get the right ammount of light way back in there . then get in there and take a picture too.

but yea, use your idmagination, you can kinda see how i was standing taking the pictures, and you can see the area i was shining the light at. it is behind the motor mount, as pictured in the last picture. if u get a flashlight, and shine your light behind that motor mount, right were i did, you will see the little Black rubber Nub.

thanks again

WarmAndSCSI
    LOL, stop saying "EVAP" in all caps! If your EVAP (evaporative emissions) system was leaking into your cabin, it would be condensed gasoline vapors.

yo warm i think i figured it out. i think either my gf or her twin just didnt shut the door right bcuz i make sure they were shut tight last night and theres not more water then there was before the rain yesterday. i havnt had a chance to get the old water out and its been freezing and remelting with no time to dry with the cold weather so i think its all good

damn girls need to learn how to NOT slam my door and the other needs to learn how to shut it right. lol

WarmAndSCSI
    Good on ya.

im still going to have to replace the carpet and if there isnt a tut ill just make one :D

Rastus
    Damn, boy! Two full pages of posts of you crying because your GF left the door open.
    There's gotta be some kind of award for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast