The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My G's Facelift

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 69
    i would suggest going with an non factory color. Make it YOU!

I wanted to do a custom paint job, but we're talking big bucks. My g started off black, and I had that terrible oxidation problem some Mitsubishi's have. So, when I was broke, I took it to get painted at a cheap place like Maaco but even worse, just so it would be a decent looking car temporarily until I had the money to paint it. Now, I'm finally doing it. For me, I really like black cars. And it was either that or custom, and I stuck with my black. So, it fits my personality.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    Whuts up girl, yeah ive had my car back from the shop for a week now and im loving it. cant wait to see yours. holla at me so we could meet up and check each others g's out in person.
    Hey. I'll let you know when I get it back. I should have it on Thursday. Yours looks nice in your pics. Can't wait to see it in person. I'll come get a pizza on Friday or something. You working then?
    })({ Heather })({

i wasnt i was trying to be funny.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

hopefully you stayed with a non- mettalic black.
    it OWNS.

btw... altezza's are ugly on 8g's they don't match a single line on the car.... or even the loosest interperatation of the galants styling.
    not to mention the one's they slop together for the 8g are cheap, and look cheap.

i would have left the stockers on.

looking forward to the finished project

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice altezzas i like the chrome altho i wasnt picky with my black ones

i dislike the people who put chrome altezza's on dark cars, just doesn't look right.

You dislike the people bc of their choice in taillights? That's a little harsh.

Ya'll can all comment all you want on the taillights. The point of this is that I'm excited bc my car is getting kitted and fresh paint and a CF hood. That's a huge step for me, and a lot of money, and I'm stoked. The taillights are the way I like them bc they bling and that simple step made my car look different to most people on the road before I could afford anything else. Love it or hate it. Whatever. Lol.
    })({ Heather })({

sounds like a austin knight.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Why so much hate over some tailights? Her car isn't finished and yet people s**t on it "just because".
    BTW I quoted you on the sig that was pretty funny

I've been siggy quoted, I feel special now. :)
    })({ Heather })({

so how much is the total on all of this?

Since I got money from the insurance company, it's less than it would normally be bc I applied their money for a hood, bumper, etc. to aftermarket parts. But, I worked out a deal with the shop, and I paid $1100 for my kit and hood from VIS and I'm paying $1500 for the paint job. The rest of the work he's doing for the amount the insurance gave us. I think that's pretty good considering he's taking out door dings and dents and such, and had to deal with getting the shitty paint from Econo Paint off first.
    Last edited by Flutterbyfilms; 02-19-2008 at 10:09 PM
    })({ Heather })({

the total on mine was $3500 thats with the insurance money which was $1300. door dings, hail damage, adding more silver metallic, replacing JDM grill, JDM headlights, FG hood (that need alittle more work to it). fixing the driverside door from the accident before. cutting hole for the sidemarker. replace door molding. extra coats of clear.
    Last edited by silver01g; 02-20-2008 at 10:35 AM

Where'd you get the work done? It looks great. It turns out, he wants to charge me just a bit more for some of the extra work they had to do to get that shitty paint off and everything. So, the total of all the repairs from the wreck and the price of the kit and hood and the paint job is $6000. The radiator needed replacing, along with some other junk I don't even remember. The insurance paid $3250. So, I better get a good tax return, lol.
    })({ Heather })({

DAMN, $6000 really??? so you payed $2750 out of your own pocket? yeah i use my return for the samething. its a body shop on Lamar right by the crockett center. its a body shop the car dealership i got the car from deal with. yeah it looks so much better, now just need to drop some 19's on her.

Yeah, it seems like a lot, but the front end of my car was messed up pretty bad. I'm really only paying for the paint and body work, and my aftermarket parts. The 6K includes all the work that had to be done to make the car structurally sound after the wreck. I feel like I'm getting a decent deal, but maybe not. It's hard to tell when you're a girl. People try to f'k you over.
    })({ Heather })({

Ok, boys and girls. I FINALLY have my G back from the shop. There are a couple of little things that need to be fixed and a few things left still to do, but I'm super happy with the work. The kit looks great and the paint is gleaming! So, without further ado, here are some pics.

Last edited by Flutterbyfilms; 02-24-2008 at 04:56 PM
    })({ Heather })({

So, obviously here's what still needs to be done.

Mesh in place of a grill.
    I need JDM headlights. (VIS told me this was a USDM bumper, guess not)
    I need new foglights.
    An exhaust tip at the least.
    And some rims!

The problems I've seen with it so far: there are a few imperfections in the paint to get fixed, they didn't put the lining back in my trunk lid, my AC no longer works for some reason, and the right rear passenger door scrapes on the the kit a tad (OUCH!). Other than that, I'm pretty f*king stoked. What do ya'll think?
    })({ Heather })({

looks good, glad to see another member repping TEXAS. if i still had my old wheels i would have sold them to you for dirt cheap. black 8G's ftw
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    black 8G's ftw
    Co-signed lol
    ~Lady Driven~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast