The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how much is it worth, galant gs-x

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

how much is it worth, galant gs-x

how rare is a galant gs-x and how much is it worth

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Galant GSX's are just as rare as Galant VR4's. They are sought after...the best alternative for a authentic GVR4, but the AWD drivetrain is not strong as the VR4's.

Nice and well taken care of GVR4's sell a average of $10,000. I havent seen any GSX's in great condition or running GSX's for sale..but for the ones that have sold went for around $4000.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i just picked one up for free and it doesnt run the girl ran it out of oil and seized it up.
    but everything else look awesome, it only gots 155,*** miles reallynice interior and really nice white paint. now its going to sit for a while since i dont got the funds 4 a 4G63T swap right now, how much can the drivetrain handle?
    thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Id say in good body and running condition Id pay $3-4k for one.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    depends on the year/ gen of the gsx... a 1g can behad in good running condition w/ some mods for under 5k easy
    a 2g though can go up to around 10k but it would need to have lower milage, most i see in good running condition are anywhere from 5-7 k although they can be had for cheaper as well...shells w/ a working tranny etc usually go for around 1100-1500

but you cant beat free

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    depends on the year/ gen of the gsx... a 1g can behad in good running condition w/ some mods for under 5k easy
    a 2g though can go up to around 10k but it would need to have lower milage, most i see in good running condition are anywhere from 5-7 k although they can be had for cheaper as well...shells w/ a working tranny etc usually go for around 1100-1500

but you cant beat free
    Galant GSX ;) ... nice pick up though.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes, Galant GSXs are pretty sweet. Id love to have one as a daily! Non-turbo 4g63 awd for those not knowing.
    7g for life!

thanks for the info of the car, hopefullly i get the swap.
    anybody have any idea how much the swaps would run me or a good importing site for clips?
    thanks, gilbert

anything required from the newbie on this site besides not posting here?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    oh wow im an ass lol... i saw gsx and didnt even read galant...thats cool bro they are very rare, even better im sure w/ the 63t swap it will be one hell of a fun car good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by galant_GSX-T View Post
    thanks for the info of the car, hopefullly i get the swap.
    anybody have any idea how much the swaps would run me or a good importing site for clips?
    thanks, gilbert

anything required from the newbie on this site besides not posting here?
    The swap should be fairly easy for you since it is practically just drop in. Good luck with everything and let us know how you make out.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You can swap a 4g63t with no problem...though I can't 100% confirm that if swapping a turbo 1g Ecu for the n/a is plug and play.

The differences in the GSX drivetrain and the VR4 drivetrain is that the VR4 Tcase is stronger and bigger, the propeller shaft is thicker for the VR4, the rear diff is alot beefier and the axles are different. the unibody frame of the VR4 is different too.

I haven't seen a modified GSX and seen how much power can be put into the cars and how well they can take abuse, but due to the differences its safe to say not as much as a VR4. I do know of a guy that swapped pretty much everything for a VR4 into his GSX which basically most of the drivetrain and has a nicely built motor, but he hasn't pushed the car so don't know its potential.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

besides the engine dropin in i think theres just a little wiring to do but nothing that im woried about.