The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Ecu evo 8 and 02 ecu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 72
    thanks --- do happen to know what resistance it is ? I wanna try to get rid of all codes with resistors -- Also i assumed u wired to 12v too?? Your car looks very clean great job to you too.. I been looking for those evo bbs too but people want way too much ...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i didnt want to start another thread but i have a question im not 100% on.. I hear 15psi is nearing flow and max for the 4g64. I understand engines are different and bla bla bla so some can handle more or less but i wanna know what determines the highest boost i can run... I have a big 16g now --i run 12 psi all day and night no knock no problems but ive run higher with no knock... ive run 18psi with no knock and its much better power but is it the wear down of the engine or is it the knock im most worried about.. I dunno if i am explaining it right because my question makes sense to me lol.. For example i tune 15 psi no knock so i up to 16 then 18 psi and no knock is that acceptable???
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Thats kind of my question as well... I'm tuned right now for about 14lb on an evo 8 turbo with no knock. So whats the most that this engine can hold?
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

ive been to 18 psi on 4 runs in the heat on my big 16g and get 0 knock and the car feels much much much better my guess is the engine will not knock until a rod or a piston exits the block at some point to tell u the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    my guess is the engine will not knock until a rod or a piston exits the block at some point to tell u the truth
    Thats some pretty bad truth... Hopefully I'll finish with the meth install. Then i can raise the boost to 18lb.

BTW my aft at WOT is around 11.8-12

wot tapers to 11.2 i like to be safe because its hot down here.... i dont want to worry about filling a meth bottle.. i ran 18 psi on my 14b for a long time tho on 10.9 afr although it doesnt flow the same...

great information...too bad this isn't on a V6.

what load are u hitting up top goosey?? ill hit 220 or so i believe then taper to 190 on 12lbs on 18lbs i hit 250 or so and taper to 240..

real high, about 300. I've picked up the evo x /jdm evo ix map sensor and i'm going to have the whole tune redone to be based of boost vs load. Then i'll get a real good setup. I'm also now running the tephra 5.10 mod on my ecu. no-lift-to-shift is pretty cool just confusing since i'm used to lifting my foot of the gas. Meth setup should be installed by the end of friday.

damn 300 load --- yea i got the patch but using only knock cel works great.. Gotta love the evo ecu car runs like stock great alternative to a standalone for us -- when i get some money to replace my engine internals im gonna crank the boost and see how high i can go without meth with no knock.. ill find the answer to our question the hard way...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    damn 300 load --- yea i got the patch but using only knock cel works great.. Gotta love the evo ecu car runs like stock great alternative to a standalone for us -- when i get some money to replace my engine internals im gonna crank the boost and see how high i can go without meth with no knock.. ill find the answer to our question the hard way...
    Exactly.. Like Stock :)

alright goosey i think im making up my mind to go 5 spd --- my car is loosing power because of the tranny on take off and shifting -- the other day i stayed at 6k rpms on wot and it would not change gears till i backed off.. my tranny is starting to have issues with the power ---- How is the gain with ur 5 spd

Priceless. There is nothing really to tell you... Its not the same car anymore after the swap. Nowhere Near the Same!!!!

Just don't go cheap on parts like clutch and flywheel, and definatly get a quaife lsd else you are gonna do this work over again right after you finish and realize you have 0 traction.

on the evo ecu isnt pin # 3 the fuel pressure solenoid ? wire is black-white

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

dont know the color but yes thats right -- my pinouts are the stock ecu wires that are connected to the evo..

ok i sent you a pm
    Last edited by Qs; 03-29-2009 at 03:46 AM

2002 blue G RIP07

about pin # 79 , u didnt list it , for the idle position sensor

did u do anything about that one?

2002 blue G RIP07

pin 79?? its cruise control on stock ecu if u have it goes to pin 87 on eclipse but i dont think evo has this..

replied to ur pm

i mean on the galant ecu

pin # 79 is the idle position sensor

on the evo ecu there is no wire on the pin # 87

2002 blue G RIP07

pin 79 on our ecu is for cruise control from my specs.. I never heard of an idle pos sensor?? Do u idle speed controller ?? 79 shoes cruise control so if u have a wire there then leave it be it wont connect to the evo..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast