The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Ecu evo 8 and 02 ecu

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 72
    if you look at the 8g service manual at page 13a-420 it says pin # 79 idle position signal , u didnt plug that one on the evo ecu ?

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

i did not -- but thats a good question -- It goes on pin 87 tho im sure of it... I will connect it today to see if anything changes for me... Thanks for catching it i did not find that problem... I dunno if it will do ne thing but ill check my evo ecu for a wire....
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i connected it and it did not make a difference really soo
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

good to know then il ignore that one too

finnaly the ground u connected to engine coolant temp sensor, and the one for the intake air temp. sensor , were those chassis grounds or regular independant grounds ?

also your evo ecu has a wire on pin # 87 ? caus my evo ecu doesnt
    Last edited by Qs; 03-30-2009 at 11:11 PM

2002 blue G RIP07

im using an extension harness and i think they put a wire for all pins regardless so i cannot answer that but i connected it to where 87 would be if there is a pin.. ha

your running dual ecu right? you can ground anywhere it reads resistance so doesnt matter --i used the same ground the ecu grounds too..

no im running the evo ecu only, already have the tranny swap so its gonna be manual . i need to get the lsd first though

well i should be good to go with that

i still have the emanage to wire after this...

thx m8

2002 blue G RIP07

why r u using an emanage if u have the evo ecu??? the ecu is tuneable

i bought the emanage before the engine so i figured i would install it anyways ,

the emanage does have a few more functions but il probably sell it or install it in another car , wel see when the time comes

2002 blue G RIP07

hmm mad props man
    good job
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

k, i just got my evo 8 ecu so a few days ago; currently reading the posts

eidt: nevermind, reading the Galant ECU pinouts that mtcavity sent me a while back, injector 1,2,3,4 is 1, 9, 24, and 2

i'll be doing the dual ecu setup cuz i'm still automatic :(
    thanks in advance

btw, fix the link on your first post, it cuts off and doesn't go to the url right:
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm
    Last edited by run1206; 06-02-2009 at 12:55 PM

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

right away sir.. done

thanks much!
    is the wiring diagram a separate file you have or is it the RRE website listed?
    if so, could you send me a PM with it attached? thanks in advance

btw, i don't remember where i got this document from

was this the one you were talking about?
    Last edited by run1206; 06-03-2009 at 09:28 AM

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

for evo pinouts i used rre 100% for my cars pinouts it was a guide from club3g with the aem ems with stock ecu pinouts... Im not sure if ur asking for the evo pins or stock ecu pins??

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    for evo pinouts i used rre 100% for my cars pinouts it was a guide from club3g with the aem ems with stock ecu pinouts... Im not sure if ur asking for the evo pins or stock ecu pins??
    i'm currently reading your thread on club3G and trying to find where the post is of the stock Galant ecu pinouts are. although you have ( i assume) all the Galant stock pins listed in your first thread needed during the swap. ( in "only evo ecu", "both ecus", "special note", and "auto pcm only" sections) they match what i have in the document i posted as the Galant pins.

(sorry if i misinterpreted the list, i originally thought those were the stock Evo pins listed )

by 3Geclipse^
    when he said pin 26 is the o2 heater rear his referring to the stock Galant/eclipse ecu not the evo
    Last edited by run1206; 06-04-2009 at 10:59 AM

yea all the pins i list are from the stock ecu -- then u find the corresponding rre Evo ecu pinouts and connect... ill look for my old pinouts if you need them

i printed out the RRE evo list and printed the List from club3G, if you have a different list, feel free to PM me that list

when you mean "both ecus", am i splicing the connection from the car harness to both evo and galant ecu?

yup exactly right

i would suggest getting the boomslang auto to manual harness conversion because when u finish ur stock harness is done

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    yup exactly right

i would suggest getting the boomslang auto to manual harness conversion because when u finish ur stock harness is done
    really? it's gonna look that bad?

i was thinking some kind of extension harness to make so i dont' have to tamper with the current Galant harness to the ecu

-Galant harness---->||}---Extension Harness (do the swapping of pins here)--->||---ECU

yea thats what the boomslang harness is --- its essentially an extension harness but they give u manual ecu connectors for the evo on one end and stock on the other... its like a Y connections .. when u cut the wires there wont be much room to reconnect if u dont use any extension at all... Now u can use the stock wire extension too if u want but there is a harness

get the boomslang. my stock harness is taped to shit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast