The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My car stalled! And it won't start!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    I dissconnected the Batterie for a half and hour, then reconnected it. I checked the gap in the plugs. i tryed turning on the car while spraying either(it has half a tank of gas) and rechecked all connections and still CRANKS BUT NO START! I then removed the Cam gear cover and notice that half of my timing belt was missing(It didn't break, just riped down the middle). I do not no where the rest of the belt is! I think it might of skiped a tooth!
    I need to get a new belt and get the timing done!

The intake manifold also looks good!

WarmAndSCSI
    Wow, you're going to have a lot more to worry about if you jumped timing.

Don't even worry about reading any codes if your timing belt is torn in half. Whatever caused that surely caused you to jump timing. Prepare for a whole set of bent intake valves.

Like TJ said, you better watch out for bent valves. Yikes.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yeah if the car was running when the belt tore in half(lol Im sure it was) be prepared to replace the valves and some of the valve guides. This is the time to replace the valve seals, and waterpump too since you will have it apart.
    7g for life!

I hope i didn't bend any valves. The car was driving then out of no where it just stalled(thats propably when it jumped a tooth). the timing bent is riped but still holding on.

Let us know how you make out and the final cost.
    Love,
    Matt

Iight, I'll let ya know how much! Thanks for all the replys guys! Thanx!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Yeah if the car was running when the belt tore in half(lol Im sure it was) be prepared to replace the valves and some of the valve guides. This is the time to replace the valve seals, and waterpump too since you will have it apart.
    Beat me to the punch Seth. I was gonna suggest the same items and also the tensioner pullies as long as the engine is apart.

Good luck RacerX. I hope it doesn't wind up costing a bundle. And make sure the shop you take it to is reputable and knows what they're doing.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

could be a bird in the intake, do as matt said.

I took it to my Grandfathers shop today and they showed me the timing belt all shredded, they said they had to change the Crankshaft or camshaft sensor(one of those), they checked the compression and 2 of the cylinders had no compression(I might have some bent valves). Tomorrow they are gonna pop off the head. My car should be ready this Saturday!

I got two exhuast valves bent on one cylinder and two intake valves bent on another cylinder!!!!!! I'm Changing all the valves and resurfacing the head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    I got two exhuast valves bent on one cylinder and two intake valves bent on another cylinder!!!!!! I'm Changing all the valves and resurfacing the head!!!
    Replace all the valve seals and all the other parts we recommended.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I'm gonna talk to my grandfather(Owner of a Mechanic shop) and see whats good with changing all those parts!!!

WarmAndSCSI
    Kind of sucks that I was right... good luck.

The head is Done and is going back in the car today!!!! I got a good deal to have the whole head rebuilt and have the head resurfaced!!!!

I'll be driving tommorrow!!!!!!

The car is done!!!!! The car is running way stronger then ever!!! No service engine soon or check engine!!! I only paid $600 for Everything(Complete head job, timing belt, cam shaft sensor, Oil change w/filter, head gasket, valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seal and labor). I'm very lucky that my grandfather owns a shop!!!!

Thanx for all the replys!!!!
    THE GALANT CENTER is #1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12