The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gotta a quick question about the 7g galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    thatxxdude

gotta a quick question about the 7g galant

I race for a small business in my home town, but i recently recked the rx7 they loaned to me, so they said that I had to build my own car if i wonted to continue to race for them. so i bough an 7g galant , and was just wondering if this car was good enough. also i dont know anything about it, all I know is that it has the same engine as the 2g eclipse, so im thinking it cant be that bad. so if anyone has any helpful comments please let me know!!!

I dont think the 7g will be near that rx7. Theirs alot you can do to it, id check out DOCHSTUNERR or SETH98ES or 4GRIM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    I dont think the 7g will be near that rx7. Theirs alot you can do to it, id check out DOCHSTUNERR or SETH98ES or 4GRIM
    Actually, you might want to try DOHCstunr, seth98esT, or 4-G-rim

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What type of racing are you going to do?
    7g for life!

Misnomer on the engine...if you dont mean the 2G Eclipse convertible, then you would have to swap the engine for that. It could be a bad ass car, just gets expensive to do. What are your goals?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    7g's have alot of potential and thanks to the aftermarket support of the 2g Eclipse/Talons and Mitsu's cross platforming.

Like what Seth stated..what kind of racing are you involved in?

If its something like AutoX or Circuit type then the 7g is not a bad choice. With its multilink suspension and fairly light body it would make it a good performer.

If you are looking to drag race...its not going to be a RX7 for sure. Its FWD configuration is a handicap, but a nice pair of drag slicks could even up the playing field. You can swap the legendary 4G63t and with some simple bolt on's, you'll have a competative car. Unless you have the time and money to swap to AWD, then thats a different story.

Really depends on your goals. Its a overlooked car that has tons of potential.

There was a member here back in the day named Craig. I believe he was the first "known" Galant owner that successfully swapped a 4G63t into his 7g. He competed in the DSM shootout with a fairly stock 4G63t and his 7g ran low 14's...he might of hit the 13's. He was builting a monster motor before the shop where his Galant was in EFFED up a bunch of things on the car and motor...he cut his losses and parted ways with his 7g and moved on.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

thatxxdude
    mainly Circuit, but when i had the other car i used to do street sprints too. also the the galant i got is an DOCH auto, so would it be better to do and engine swap or transmission swap

so your saying you have the 1994 GS? thats the only year they mader the 2.4L DOHC.

that motor you have is a beast. lower the compression, build the internals and you can ass rape.

like everyone said the limitation of this car is the fact its FWD. but with some $$$ that can be resolved too. (AWD components from any 1995-1999 eclipse will do)

but to answer your question swap to 5spd the motor is good enough

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by thatxxdude View Post
    mainly Circuit, but when i had the other car i used to do street sprints too. also the the galant i got is an DOCH auto, so would it be better to do and engine swap or transmission swap
    Are you sure about that? Unless i'm mistaken the GS was only offered with a 5 spd from the factory.

222whp/250wtq

^^^ I thought the GS was only offered with a 5speed as well but I could be wrong....

But that motor should be a good starting point either way...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

yes a 7g you can do allot, mine made 348whp, with the 4g64 with 4g63 head.
    ready to go dyno my new setup, hope to make 500whp

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior View Post
    Are you sure about that? Unless i'm mistaken the GS was only offered with a 5 spd from the factory.
    they were standard 5spds BUT there are auto versions too. i was going to buy a auto 94' GS. they do have auto versions

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thatxxdude
    mine is actually a 94 es

then it can't be DOHC unless it was swapped

quicksilver
    i have a 2.4 dohc in my 95 s but i have had a hard time finding performance parts for it i love this car but its difficult to find anything for it.

Asshats ... stop with this noob bullshit. If you don't own a 94 GS then you can't possibly have a factory DOHC motor. Period. End of story. And if it was swapped out at some point then you would know it. And if it was swapped, it would more than likely be to a 4g63t so you would definitely know that as well. Ridiculous.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    thaxxdude and quicksilver please post pics of your engine bays. We can finally confirm if your car is a 94 "GS" or a possibly 95-98 DOHC 4G63 or 4G64 swapped.

To reaffirm what Laxin stated...ONLY the USDM 1994 Mitsubishi Galant GS was equipped from factory with a DOHC 2.4L 4G64 and all were equipped with a 5speed manual transmission.

ALL 7g models (S,,ES,LS) were equipped with the SOHC 2.4L 4G64.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

quicksilver
    vin number 4a3aj46l7se204827 look it up im not tryna mess with anyones head ive had this car for 4 years been tinkerin with it ever since i got i had the same doubt but all manuals for sohc are completely ass back wards 95 galant spyder

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    vin number 4a3aj46l7se204827 look it up im not tryna mess with anyones head ive had this car for 4 years been tinkerin with it ever since i got i had the same doubt but all manuals for sohc are completely ass back wards 95 galant spyder
    WHAT!? You should really at least try to make more sense. What is a Galant Spyder???

quicksilver
    dude im going by manuals man i dont mean to offend anyone just tell me if im wrong even when i was replacein distributers and pcms nothing in the book lined up with the sohc engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast