The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gotta a quick question about the 7g galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    WarmAndSCSI
    The only thing somebody could get offended about what you post is the absolute lack of coherency therein. Are you trying to say you've got a DOHC because service manual diagrams don't depict your engine accurately? I seriously cannot understand a thing you're trying to say. Just pull the plastic upper timing cover and see if you have two cam gears. If so, then you've somehow got a DOHC engine in your 95. Or just post a picture and let somebody tell you what you have.

quicksilver
    why does the haynes repair manual tell me diffrent? i guess that shit isnt dependable...
    i still like the car tho could i swap 91 gsx head..would it fit?

quicksilver
    the haynes service manual says that the 95 galants came with a 2.4 sohc and2.4 dohc

quicksilver
    i would because i have trouble with this car all the time but i honestly do not have a camera

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    the haynes service manual says that the 95 galants came with a 2.4 sohc and2.4 dohc
    That's great (and wrong), but how does that automatically mean your engine is the 4G64 DOHC?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    vin number 4a3aj46l7se204827 look it up im not tryna mess with anyones head ive had this car for 4 years been tinkerin with it ever since i got i had the same doubt but all manuals for sohc are completely ass back wards 95 galant spyder
    From what I got from my friend that works at Mitsu your VIN# is a 95 Galant "S" with a SOHC 4G64

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    From what I got from my friend that works at Mitsu your VIN# is a 95 Galant "S" with a SOHC 4G64
    OWNED!!! lmao

dude im going by manuals man i dont mean to offend anyone just tell me if im wrong even when i was replacein distributers and pcms nothing in the book lined up with the sohc engine
    DOHC motors don't have a distributor.

and you don't know what DOHC means. anybody with eyes can clearly see what their motor is
    Last edited by kolio; 02-25-2008 at 01:11 PM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Plus it will say if its DOHC or SOHC on the valve cover.
    7g for life!

that too

man.. just post up pics
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

thatxxdude
    sorry guys i didnt mean to type DOHC i ment to type SOHC. anyway i found a 89-94 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE/EAGLE TALON 4G63T TURBO 2.0L DOHC could i do an engine swap with this?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatxxdude View Post
    sorry guys i didnt mean to type DOHC i ment to type SOHC. anyway i found a 89-94 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE/EAGLE TALON 4G63T TURBO 2.0L DOHC could i do an engine swap with this?

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=7g%2C+swap

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

thatxxdude
    that u guys for all your help. Im going to get started on tearing this car down, and see what i can do. and thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12