The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vibration on high speeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

Vibration on high speeds.

anyone have this problem? vibration on steering wheel at high speeds, already replace lower control arms new from dealership and wheel bearings. new tires balanced even on stock wheels.thanks

does it happen when you are slowing down from high speeds as well? how long has it been since you checked your rotors? I think it is warped rotors.....either have them resurfaced or get new ones. if you get new ones you might as well upgrade them.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

my rotors are 2months old drilled and slotted, im thinking maybe axles?

do u have hubcentric rings on your wheels?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    It's you cv-joints dude.

Is your alignment good? Im thinking cheapest possibility first

TGC Regular
    You tricked me dude! I thought there'd be pics!
    But anyway
    Maybe you need some new dampeners?
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    ok before everyone throws out ideas, i checked at my shop when i had the prob. it would shake when going higher then 65 and they said one of the probs that it could be (and i found on this site when searching) is that one of the motor mounts could be too stiff causing that prob. all you have to do is search its on here some where its like the lower right arm control i believe its called

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    ok before everyone throws out ideas, i checked at my shop when i had the prob. it would shake when going higher then 65 and they said one of the probs that it could be (and i found on this site when searching) is that one of the motor mounts could be too stiff causing that prob. all you have to do is search its on here some where its like the lower right arm control i believe its called
    Do what!!!! What does steering wheel vibration have to do with the motor mount?? Care to explain??

they said that while going above 65 that the motor mount being too stiff caused the steering wheel to vibrate if im wrong then im not having them do the work on my car that they were going to do soon...

I just replaced all my motor mounts not too long ago and they were shot to hell. I was not experiencing any vibration in my steering wheel at all. I was feeling it on my ass! car rocked like a freakin muscle car almost. You will get steering vibration at high speeds from things like out of balance front wheels or tires, out of round tires, worn cv joints.

ok i will not have any of that done then whats a cv joint? my dad drove it yesterday and said that it could just be the road... but not all roads would always do it but my wheels are balanced and the roundness well it did it with my brand new 18's too so maybe its the cv joint

Well those examples I gave you apply at high speed vibration. Is that what you are talking about or lower speeds too??
    See that boot right under the orange strut?? that's the cv the blue thing is the Tie rod, that could also cause vibration.

well mine is only at high speeds anywhere from well sometimes 65+ but usually 70-75+ idn how high tho i usually only hit about 85 tops and traffic is still up my ass then

Have the cv axles checked, tie rods but to me it sounds like tires not balanced correctly and believe me, it happens. Try this first, take the rear wheels and put them up front and front to rear, see if that fies the issue.

well now that you mention it i did take the tires and rotate them just b4 winter and it hasnt done it as much as it use to. it use to be really bad now its just very slight or faint when going that fast i never really noticed until now tho

Go have your tire balance again and tell them to do it right. If it was something else when you swapped the rear to front, it would cause the same vibration not fade. Do you understand what I'm saying??? Go pay 20 bucks and have them balance all 4 tires.

yup thanks raz, ill have to have my 18s balanced again too once i get the last one fixed im glad i mentioned the wrong part so that i now know the rite part

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Well those examples I gave you apply at high speed vibration. Is that what you are talking about or lower speeds too??
    See that boot right under the orange strut?? that's the cv the blue thing is the Tie rod, that could also cause vibration.
    that orange strut, is that supposed to be AGX?

dont have any hubcentrics on my wheels,but it does it too on my stock wheels.tires balanced every month with alignment, work at a shop, all motor and trans mount new,tie rod end and inner new.only left to change is the fricking axles,it sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast