The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Eagle Has Landed, Almost

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    TGC Regular

The Eagle Has Landed, Almost

Added a new addition to my family, 1991 Eagle Talon TSI A/T. I paid $340 for it that including car and it being shipped to me, I could pass up on the deal. The bad news, no head, turbo, ecu or radiator. The body is good conditon, broken front bumper, some cancer (Paint) and a small dent on the quarter panel.Tires are almost brand new, interior is good except for the cut open driver seat, previous owner installed a 2gen Eclipse spoiler for some reason. Right know I'm just saving money for a new engine or maybe a rebuild. I posted pictures of the engine bay, it's in need of some help.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Looks like you have a lot of fun work ahead of you with your new project. Good luck with that.
    ~Lady Driven~

what are you thinking off here?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Thats one badly hurt Eagle. Wow...that car looks like it went through hell. Good luck though, you got a big project ahead of you.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

the eagle may be broken, but she will fly once more (without the wing of course)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    That eagle was put down for a reason. Lot of work and I mean lot of work ahead of you. Good luck! It can be brought back to life with enough cash, time and motivation.

TGC Regular
    Yeah I know, it doesnt as bad now I clean the engine bay and label some wires, hose etc. These are pictures of the car when I first got it. I had it for about a month, it looks a lot better now. I lost my camera so I cant post current pics. The cars been sitting since '98 when the head gasket blew, only 108000 on the speedo. I got the car to help me learn more about cars, so I dont have to mess with my 8G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Thats awesome dude, props to you! Thats how you do it, hands on, best way to learn and be able to fix your own issues. That is exactly how I learned.

looks like a good old DSM to me... broken, bruised ;)

good luck on the project!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

TGC Regular
    I know you said that was when you first got it.. but wow! The interior is less than "good" o.o
    Goodluck on your project though!
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Can't wait to see what you do with this one. A LOT of work. You're starting at ground zero. Good luck and bring that DSM back to life.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    oh my good.. that looks like alot of fun!! good luck!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    make sure you check out dsm trader etc you can find a bunch of good stuff there, definately a lot of work ahead of you but since you have the engine out and dont need the car you can definately build a nice engine, gut the interior and restore it or customize it...if you got the time to mess with it, it can definatelly be a really nice machine for somewhat inexpensive...i would also personally ditch the tranny since it would be in your best interest to do a manual swap anyway as well as that that beat up block

and if you can get it towed get the bodywork done and have the car/frame sandblasted while its stripped down to eliminate any rust and give a real nice paintjob
    just my .02 here though

good luck

TGC Regular
    I just want to get it running first. The A******* at Parking Service have been threatening to tow it because it doesnt have tags. Going to see if I can find some cheap insurance.
    Last edited by remarque; 02-22-2008 at 11:50 AM

TGC Regular
    The engine block is still in the car, with oil in the cylinder. Next paycheck, if the car is still there I'm gone to hone the engine block. I've researched the topic like hell and decided to give it a try, because right know I don't have a engine hoist or engine stand so I'm honing it in the car. Trust me I've done my research on this topic. I didn't feel a ridge on any of the cylinders, but I might still use a ridge reamer. Depending on how the pistons look I might just clean and re-ring them.

HOLY SHIT!

Thats messed up bro, I have an interior if you want it, minus front seats and center console...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

TGC Regular
    Well this project didnt last long, went outside today and saw the ticket man place a abandoned car sticker on the car. I called a place that buys junked cars and they offered me $150 for it, which is almost half of the purchase price. I took the turbo manifold, injectors, resistor pack, valve cover, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body and cam sensor. I'm going to sell some of these to try and make some more money back. I plan keeping the resistor pack, turbo manifold and injectors.

Can I use the injectors from this car to turbo my car, or should I use the bigger 450cc from a M/T DSM?

If anyone needs any other parts off the car let me know?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    Well this project didnt last long, went outside today and saw the ticket man place a abandoned car sticker on the car. I called a place that buys junked cars and they offered me $150 for it, which is almost half of the purchase price. I took the turbo manifold, injectors, resistor pack, valve cover, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body and cam sensor. I'm going to sell some of these to try and make some more money back. I plan keeping the resistor pack, turbo manifold and injectors.

Can I use the injectors from this car to turbo my car, or should I use the bigger 450cc from a M/T DSM?

If anyone needs any other parts off the car let me know?

depends on how extensive your build is, if your just going to throw on the turbo and call it a day they are more then fine

TGC Regular
    Yeah thats pretty much it, thanks.