The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Think I have a ground problem, working on it RIGHT NOW lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    ultimately i think that you think you understand the entire complexity of electronics but amoung us you are doing nothing more than waving your small falacid penis of information around while everyone else is just shaking their heads in disbelief that you just dont see the reality of your misunderstanding.

WarmAndSCSI
    Wow, I think that pretty much settles it. If you have the gall to argue with somebody who is in Iraq right now protecting your ass and your family, then shame on you. This guy here has a magnitude of experience you'll probably never gain for yourself as a fucking car stereo installer. I beg you to stop here and just admit you don't know what the FUCK you're talking about and that you've got a LOT to learn.

Well I've watched this thread and I think it's time to throw in my two cents.

First: Yea I know who Derek Lee is, He's the 1st Baseman for the Chicago cubs, so what the hell does that have to do with basic electronics? Look it up ass clown. Derek Lee can't be all that, he's not even listed in a Google search.

Second: I say basic electronics, because, fliegendaff, that's what you're throwing at us...basic electronics from a textbook. And while your theory is correct, practicallity will prove you wrong. Yes, Ohm's Law IS V=IxR. Since you're so savvy on the Internet and want us to look it up, try going here: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/Sam...w/ohmslaw.html
    That happens to be the NASA Learning Center, teaching Ohm's Law. Read it, realize you're wrong and come back and tell us so.

Third: Let's see, who has more credibility, a fledgling stereo installer that works at Best Buy, or a US Military ET that works on multi-million dollar aircraft?

Finally: Your book smarts don't mean squat in the real world. Take your DMM, set it to measure current and connect it between the positive and negative posts of ANY battery. Use the AA cell from your sister's vibrator. ANY battery will do. You will NOT blow up the DMM. You might peg the needle and damage the circuitry of an Analog MM, but you'll never smoke a DMM by trying to measure current between a positive and negative potential.

Your argument has no practice. It's theoretical only. Shit, if you want to prove it, go buy a DMM. If it smokes (which it won't) take it back and claim it doesn't work. But stop talking out of your ass about something you really know nothing about. It's making you look stupid.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    warm I will call u an idiot since u didn't even take time to figure out who it is.

correct warm, there is SUPPOSED TO BE no potential between the ground bolt and neg batt post but guess what? if there is voltage drop all of a sudden there is potential. wow, how hard is it to grasp that.

and no, I am not contradicting myself. voltage is represented by E in the damn formula.

so I am done lossing brain cells to you warm since u can't seem to get it through your head

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Looks like you failed affe 5 people are telling you that your logic of the situation is wrong, yet you still are calling out Warm, which is a bitch move lol. Stop digging yourself in a deeper hole

To the OP, did you ever figure out anything or any new developments with your problem? At least 5 of us can help you out lol
    ~Lady Driven~

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    warm I will call u an idiot since u didn't even take time to figure out who it is.

correct warm, there is SUPPOSED TO BE no potential between the ground bolt and neg batt post but guess what? if there is voltage drop all of a sudden there is potential. wow, how hard is it to grasp that.

and no, I am not contradicting myself. voltage is represented by E in the damn formula.
    Look, if you use a digital voltmeter to measure this voltage drop, the number you're gonna see will be nearly infinitesimal because of the very SMALL amount of current the voltmeter uses to measure voltage. V=IR. It's FAR easier to just measure resistance and get a reading in Ohm and be done with it. Why that is so difficult to grasp, I do not know.

Any way, if you cannot see that you're contradicting yourself by saying that there is no "V" in Ohm's law even though every single other person here knows that it's simply V=IR and that you EVEN ADMIT the "E" in your "Ohm's law" formula is symbolically the same as "V," I think we all know who the idiot is here, but I'm not going to stoop to your level of name-calling.

Like Chip said, there's nothing on Google about this character. Why should I take the time out of my day to figure out who somebody is when it has ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE to me personally other than to kind of prove that you may know what you're talking about, even though it really proves nothing?
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 02-22-2008 at 07:46 AM

You've been proved wrong by Warm, Seth, Zealot, Fishboy, and I, but yet you still are trying to argue this invalid point. Sigh, Kirchoff's law has nothing to do with this. A book cannot teach you all there is to know about circuits, like I said before. EXPERIENCE! Have I blown the fuse out in a multimeter? No, but lab partners have and I stated why it occurs. The fact that you're still trying to argue E as the variable for voltage is just pointless. WHO CARES! It's ohm's law, all you need for this situation
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

If he "wiggles" the wire and the car starts why bother with a multimeter? (And in turn why waste time arguing the point). There is a loose wire that needs to be tightened.

WarmAndSCSI
    Good point, but you're just as guilty for pointless arguing over the Internet, so I don't want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Wow, I think that pretty much settles it. If you have the gall to argue with somebody who is in Iraq right now protecting your ass and your family, then shame on you. This guy here has a magnitude of experience you'll probably never gain for yourself as a fucking car stereo installer. I beg you to stop here and just admit you don't know what the FUCK you're talking about and that you've got a LOT to learn.
    want to know what i think about thisw so called war in iraq? fuck the war in iraq and fuck george bush.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    want to know what i think about thisw so called war in iraq? fuck the war in iraq and fuck george bush.
    I'm quoting this just so you can't edit it out.

and nice warm reported me. hmmm, did i ever say i didn't support our damn troups? i don't think i did. so don't twist my f'n words since you feel like being a P.I.A.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Keyshia Cole - Let It Go

Just drop it Affe
    ~Lady Driven~

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Locked. This thread has about 5 useful posts to the OP, the rest is off topic banter ... Thanks guys, another fine post from our TGC members.
    7g for life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123