The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: right hand drive conversion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 82
    WarmAndSCSI
    Somebody really has their panties in a bunch. My first post was simply saying "no, it's way too difficult. BUT WHY ARE YOU WANTING TO DO THIS?" If you got offended by me asking why, then you're the one with the problem here. You want to point out these 20 "bickering" posts? The SECOND post I made pointed out that you'll need a compatible FWD transmission if you're not planning on doing an AWD conversion. Again, grow up and learn how to actually read what people have to say rather than just clamming up and getting defensive. It's like you actually expect people to give advice that would otherwise cost you money without giving you some kind of crap for this crazy/pointless of a modification.

Why don't you quit bitching and just take the advice that has been given to you?

TGC Regular
    I dont see the point of this swap either. Why would you take a legal LHD and chop it up to a non legal RHD? I thought it was the other way around lol . My guess it dude just is just a ricer who wanna go around saying his car is "JDM" lol .

Dude you're better off installing a turbo or an EVO swap

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just import a vr4 or a RHD car and making the adjustments to make it road legal than spending the time, effort, labor and excessive money to chop up a car and make it RHD? I think that pic that was posted was a good idea of an 'economical' fix to getting RHD lol
    ~Lady Driven~

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort View Post
    Well it doesn't really matter, I have found the best solution for this guy, this way he can rice his car out, and it can be reversible!

TADA! Worship me, n00bs.
    LOL that hilarious. But what if he's alone and needs to turn on his lights? Looks like it'll be a pain to shift it too with that belt in the way, atleast for manual =p
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just import a vr4 or a RHD car and making the adjustments to make it road legal than spending the time, effort, labor and excessive money to chop up a car and make it RHD? I think that pic that was posted was a good idea of an 'economical' fix to getting RHD lol
    Not with newer cars, (i forgot how old the car has to be when this is not needed) because you have to do crash test on the cars to make sure they comply with state and federal standards. Thats why those importers that sell exotic cars from outside of states have done these test to make it legal so it can be registered here.

Quote Originally Posted by devgrp View Post
    I dont see the point of this swap either. Why would you take a legal LHD and chop it up to a non legal RHD? I thought it was the other way around lol . My guess it dude just is just a ricer who wanna go around saying his car is "JDM" lol .

Dude you're better off installing a turbo or an EVO swap
    i dont see how making a LHD into RHD is rice..

just sayin

WarmAndSCSI
    It's rice because it serves absolutely no functional purpose. That's what he's saying.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    It's rice because it serves absolutely no functional purpose. That's what he's saying.
    Body kits, big ass rims, CF Evo hoods, JDM tails, JDM heads, etc... serve no functional purpose either. So i dont think its necessarily rice. The idea of a RHD car seems cool...on an actual JDM car or if i had a shitload of money to throw away [well in that case id have a JDM car imported]. Why spend big money to do that conversion, when you could easily do some kind of F/I setup for the same price if not cheaper. I dont think this guy really has an understanding of exactly how much shit costs to import from foreign countries. How much would it cost to import a front end clip off of a JDM Galant? Im guessing well over $2K. Hell some JDM front bumpers costed over $1k just to be imported. Then you would have to worry about having the item shipped to the shop that will be doing the work. Its going to cost big bucks. Itll cost big bucks and your car will still be slow as shit [i have an 8G too so i know:)].

Bottom line, take that money for your RHD conversion and do a FI setup. Youll be muuuch happier.

On a side note, where the hell did you get that front bumper?:smt064
    Last edited by 6G72Galant; 02-23-2008 at 05:46 AM

WarmAndSCSI
    And I'm going to tell you that several of those things serve a huge functional purpose. CF Evo hoods have the same style vents that the stock Evo hood has. In fact, the only reason I'm going with an Evo-style hood over an OEM-style one is because of the functional vents - these are a big improvement for any force-fed car. "big ass rims" also serve a functional purpose - stiffer sidewall = better cornering (improved lateral grip). A proper body kit provides a certain degree of improved aerodynamics and front-end downforce. JDM heads can provide better visibility. The tails... well they look better

But, like I said, I was just explaining where devgrp was coming from.

im gonna do a center drive conversion... put the sterring wheel in the middle.... =)

TGC Regular
    Man I dont care what anyone say. Converting a LHD car to RHD is rice. If anyone sees someone in the USA driving a RHD car, they would know its not a USDM car because our cars are LHD. Now if someone goes thru all the trouble to chop up a car to convert to RHD when theres nothing wrong with the car, what does that tell you?

Like I said its better to do a swap or install a turbo. You'll get more respect bro.

On a side note, I saw a Galant today with 22's. That shit was nasty

me and my buddy with a mkv just finished such a conversion, pics to prove

RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

lmao, that got me for a sec. I call bullshit.

lol on the pic

and yah man.. why do u want to do it.. other then the wild and crazy competition thingy
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

if you want RHD, take the 3500 and buy a plane ticket to japan... i love RHD cars, i think its cool looking... if i could afford it, ide import one, but its all cosmetic. ide much rather drop that 3500 into turbo and performance parts. mucho more respect. plus its very ricey to do a swap like this.
    on a side note, a CF hood also lightens the car a hair, as is with any CF part. and less weight makes the car easier to move :) c, i is smrt :P

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee. View Post
    im gonna do a center drive conversion... put the sterring wheel in the middle.... =)
    Now that is something worth doing over RHD.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

In case you guys are wondering....

Here's a project the OP is doing on GF, it's about designing a custom CF hood
    http://www.galantforums.com/modules....ewtopic&t=4729

A lot of effort / too many projects / a lot of money sent, but like what Warm said "BUT WHY ARE YOU WANTING TO DO THIS?"

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    In case you guys are wondering....

Here's a project the OP is doing on GF, it's about designing a custom CF hood
    http://www.galantforums.com/modules....ewtopic&t=4729
    That hood design and that bumper are a little much, but... to each his own I guess :smt102
    ~Lady Driven~

i feel free to hate that car
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

the whole point of him making it RHD is so its unique. anyone can import a RHD and im pretty sure he and anyone here knows it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast