The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cracked Dash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 51
    My dashboard was fine until my accident where the driver side air bag caused a small crack at the edge of the vent.

Quote Originally Posted by benwin86 View Post
    We are starting production on the dash cover and ran into a small problem. What is the removable piece that is located at the front of the dash by the windshield. It is located right next to the vin number. Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    I'm not sure what that is either, but it blew off when my air bags deployed. I don't know if it's some sort of vent for the driver side airbag or if it just blew out from the impact of the accident.

im going to buy a dashmat so my cat can lay there when i drive
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

I want to know how that dash cover is going, I would buy one, esp if I could get it in black.

If you decide to get one from DashMat.com, opt for the signature series. If you get the cheap carpet looking one, it will look like ass.
    Last edited by Blackmm; 05-21-2008 at 08:40 PM
    sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by benwin86 View Post
    How would you guys feel about a hard plastic overlay for your dash. They are made of ABS high heat resistent plastic and are vacum formed from the original dash. They would lay over top of the original dash and you would only need to apply some adhesive on the overaly. No unscrewwing or removing the original dash. If interested you can see some examples at www.coverlaymfg.com. Let me know what you think. All of the dashes come with a lifetime warranty.

We are in the process of R&D on the dash. We just finished production of the 00-05 Eclipse and are finishing up on the 01-05 PT Cruiser. The next dash cover in line is the 99-03 Galant. We have been in business for over 27 years manufacturing dash covers and door panels. We offer a lifetime warranty with every dash cover that we sell. We have already purchased the original dash for the Galant and are just waiting to finish the PT Cruiser. I would like to thank everyone in advance for any help that we receive from this forum.
    yes i want one... in black....
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Anyone used Turtle Wax "ICE" total interior care?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    don't feel bad, mine's like a puzzle.. when i hit a bump i gotta find the right piece to connect.. dam.

I want to thank everyone for there patience. The dash cover is complete and ready for sale. Here is the link to the website so you can see the dash cover and all of our products. Thank you again for all of your help with this.

http://www.coverlaymfg.com/index.php...on=show_detail

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    awesome you'll also be getting an order from me soon

how black is the black, I mean is it black not a dark grey or anything. also is it a flat or gloss color?

It is a basic flat black dye that we use. The nice thing about our dash covers is that there is no extra prep worked involved if you are wanting to dye the cover a different color. You will not need to sand, primer, or prep the cover before painting. You can pain the cover right out of the box.

the little space in front of the driver side is where a light sensor goes so i think in one spec of the 8g not sure if euro, jdm, or high high us spec, but in one class its for prod like daytime running lights or something like that.

Banned
    yea mine did that too..When I asked questions everyone suggested dashmat.

nice ford gt there lol, i have the same issue i will purchase that platics dash thingy evtuanlly

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    random time to worry about the dash haha

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AktionCat View Post
    yea mine did that too..When I asked questions everyone suggested dashmat.
    those are the exact places mine is cracking except the far right.

Ive actually went around for almost a year searching for one at junkyard in good condition and found one with 1 little crack. Ive also noticed they all crack in the very same spots. What i am doing with mine is i am fiber glassing it and making it around 1/4 then painting it 2 tones of Black and blue pearl with flat black underneith :)..

Damn cheap dashes has anyone try fitting on from another car or the 7g's in it?

3.5 Powered 8g
    In Progress.

i feel ur pain man, i put some super glue on mine to keep it from rattling during stop signs

here's a pic of my black COVERLAY so u guys can see how well they fit (the front vents near the windshield and the passenger airbag are dyed black to match):

Reelax, that doesn't look bad at all. Easy to install? Does it look pretty flush seeing it from the inside? (maybe a pic?) I'm really interested in this product.

BTW what kind of wiper blades are those lol

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast