The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: O2 sensor question?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

O2 sensor question?

Well how long doesnt it take O2 sensor to go out? I replaced it last year in Feb. when i did my insptection and now that im needing a new insptection sticker, i has gonna out again, What is the causes of the o2 sensor going out?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

is it the same sensor or a different O2 sensor?

same.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Which one did you buy and from where? They should last years.

a quality o2 sensor should last for years unless something else is wrong and is causing it to foul up.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well i had bought it from the dealership. i was asking cause i need to know what else mit be the problem. since my exterior is finish i would like to actually work on the cars factory feel. (no problems) inless its maintance.

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    well i had bought it from the dealership. i was asking cause i need to know what else mit be the problem. since my exterior is finish i would like to actually work on the cars factory feel. (no problems) inless its maintance.
    Is your car a 4 or 6 cylinder? Is it California Spec? What have you done to the exhaust system so far to change it from stock? Which sensor is reporting a failure?(Code) Those questions will help us diagnose what might be causing the problem.

My O2 sensors lasted 110,000 miles before I had to replace two of them. I have no pre-cats and I have headers.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

its a 4cyl, it is a cal spec. the car came with a exhuast tip (one of those from autozone). the header is still stock. the only thing ive change was the tip which is now a N1. the guy at autozone did the diagnose check yesterday before i went to work he said it was the O2 sensor, and i asked him if it was the one on the header, he said yes. i would have to go back again to get the code. the first time i replaced it the servce engine soon light was on i thought it was cause of the intake, but when i had the guy doing the insptection do a diagnosic check he told me it was the sensor on the header. so the next day i replace it and the engine light went off. i just wanna know is it commen for the sensor to go out in a year? or is its caused by something to make it go out?

ok well im at work, and the lights has been on all day today, took a delievery and the light is off. so what does that mean? it hasnt came on since then.

It's impossible to tell without the code. It's possible the guy at Autozone didn't know what he was talking about or misread the code. O2 sensor codes won't usually go away unless there's a potential wiring problem. Get the code pulled and give us the number and we'll be able to give you more help.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

My firend was in line at autozone and he over heard the employee saying to a lady that she NEEDED a o2 sensor. He told her a code and my friend in front of autozone employee told her that they were idiots. My friend said he has a better scanner in his truck and he will scan it. He scanned it and found out that all four o2s were reading. He found out that the car has been sitting while and run some good intake cleaner. It fixed the problem.

well my intake head is damage from the accdient and is black as hell, i think its time to replace it. way to dirty to clean. and its bent up anyways. but now that the service lights isnt on anymore, when they go to check it its gonna read good.