The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DC Strut bar

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 84
    Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    so that means...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    I dont see any sensors above where the bar would be.. Can you point it out please??
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-24-2008 at 12:43 AM

WarmAndSCSI
    It's the sensor sitting near the top of the plenum between the 4th and 6th intake runners. It bolts on facing downward into a hole molded into the plenum. The purpose of the MDP (manifold differential pressure) sensor is to verify the EGR system is functioning correctly.

Affe, what this means is that you're going to run into fitment problems if qnz is right.

i asked gladiator to come over tomorrow. we're gonna go play with our cars and i'll take a pic for you guys

Ok if you guys say so but I for one say it wont touch a damn thing. The bar would run this way, I dont see anything in the way of that path. Maybe you guys see something else.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Ok if you guys say so but I for one say it wont touch a damn thing. The bar would run this way, I dont see anything in the way of that path. Maybe you guys see something else.

Dude, it's the sensor laying flat at the top of the plenum that the line you drew is touching

Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 02-24-2008 at 01:01 AM

I see that but to me it looks like it would be seating below the brake fluid reservoir lid. I dont know. This is giving me a headache. Im done
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-24-2008 at 09:54 AM

i know somebody tried this and it didn't fit... i can't remember who but i know somebody tried it, that's why there's no usdm v6 8g on the board w/ a DC STB... find me a pic of an 8G USDM v6 (not an eclipse) to prove me wrong.

I can't prove you wrong because I dont have such a prove, Im just judging by the photos.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Good thread, lets see what becomes of it.

OP, if I were you I'd just get the 3G STB to play it safe unless someone breaks a pic out of their car with it fitting on there nicely

Can you take a picture(Eye Level) with that sensor? From the front dude?? or does anyone have one?? I just don't buy everything I hear so I want see for myself and go from there, so we can solve this issue and this guy can get a strut bar he likes and know for sure that it fits right. If I'm wrong, fine Ill admit I'm wrong but I just would like to see it for myself.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-24-2008 at 11:19 AM

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Can you take a picture(Eye Level) with that sensor? From the front dude?? or does anyone have one?? I just dont buy everything I hear so I want see for myself and go from there, so we can solve this issue and this guy can get a strut bar he likes and know for sure that it fits right. If Im wrong, fine Ill admit Im wrong but I just would like to see it for myself.
    i'll take pics later on today from the front and sides

i'll post pics in a few min. Gladiator is coming over to my place now

Here are some pics of my engine bay with the Eclipse strut bar in place.

I don't see how even the DC bar gets close to anything. The Eclipse STB could be straight across and still work.

WarmAndSCSI
    I'm inclined to agree... qnz, are you going to have photos of the DC sports bar on (or at least attempting to be on) the V6? I mean, we've got plenty of pictures without the bar; that's the only way Affe is going to know for sure if the bar will fit.

Thats what I though. It did not look like it was going to touch.

Thats what I though. It did not look like it was going to touch.
    Also if it doesn't close to your battery or brake fluid reservoir than it won't be close on V6 either.

It was about 1/2 inch above it all.

i just tried this out. you guys are right. the dc bar will fit on a v6 with 1 set of washers all around. it doesnt hit the sensors but does sit on the vaccum lines on top of the intake mani. i dunno why i remembered it to be higher last time we tried it out. btw, i am selling my dcsports bar for anyone that wants it.

i'll post pics in 15 min. gonna go back out to play some more

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i just tried this out. you guys are right. the dc bar will fit on a v6 with 1 set of washers all around. it doesnt hit the sensors but does sit on the vaccum lines on top of the intake mani. i dunno why i remembered it to be higher last time we tried it out. btw, i am selling my dcsports bar for anyone that wants it.

i'll post pics in 15 min. gonna go back out to play some more
    What does it hit without the washers?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast