The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g - Turbo / 2g ECU w/ CAS is up and running...w/PICS

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

7g - Turbo / 2g ECU w/ CAS is up and running...w/PICS

I finally have the G turbo'd and ecu swapped.....she pulls pretty good for an auto...lets just see how long it holds up.

Here are some pics of the whole setup. I am thinking of going with a coil on plug setup to clean it up a bit more. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by tom04841; 02-24-2008 at 03:02 PM

spec sheet, numbers please
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post

1g manifold, 14b turbo, 1g smic, 450cc injectors, 1g bov, and homemade downpipe with cat delete. Right now I am only running stock boost for the actuator which is around 8 psi. Once I get my wideband installed, and a tactrix logger cable (so I can see knock), I will probably turn up the boost a bit.

Nice job, you're a real inspiration for a basic build.
    1996 Galant S

Very nice... I wish you had some larger pics but I can still see whats going on... What year is your 7g ?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Very nice... I wish you had some larger pics but I can still see whats going on... What year is your 7g ?

Its a 96. The pics i have are pretty big, but i cant seem to get them to post up bigger

are you running the 2g 4g63 fuel pressure regulator?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    are you running the 2g 4g63 fuel pressure regulator?

Yes I am. I installed that a few weeks ago, so I forgot to mention that. I also have a safc.

The one thing I have noticed, that maybe someone else can chime in, is that after the turbo install, and taking out the cat, the car smokes a bit. Not blue(oil), or white(coolant), but a greyish. I have talked to a few dsmer and they have said that there's smoked a little to after taking out the cat. I i'm pretty sure it isn't the turbo....no shaft play, no oil in comp inlet or ic pipes, and turbine housing is dry. It is pretty cold out too, so maybe its a combo of moisture and being a lil rich
    Last edited by tom04841; 02-24-2008 at 04:07 PM

great job tom!! :D
    good to see another 14B project going well. hopefully you get that wideband in soon, keep us updated ;)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Car will smoke black when running extremely rich. Will be gray when slightly too rich?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Car will smoke black when running extremely rich. Will be gray when slightly too rich?

I dunno man, it is baffling me. I am by no means clueless about cars. The smoke doesn't linger, isn't thick, and has no unusual odor. I did a quick google search and there were 2 different opinions.

1. Condensation - goes away for most part after car is warmed up.....mine doesn't

2. Improper mixture - won't know till WBO2 is in

So I dunno. I guess I will just drive it for a bit and see if it gets worse.

It's most likely a mixture of running rich and an accumulation of crap that built up in the intake tract. At least thats what my guess would be. After I first went turbo I would get a huge amount of soot covering the entire back of the car after WOT pulls but that has since gone away.

222whp/250wtq

I really seem to think it is just steam. i held my hand in front of the muffler for a good 5 minutes, and all that was on my hand was water droplets...no sooty deposits or anything.