The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bump Stops

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Bump Stops

Today I replaced my springs on my 7G. When I got to the rear, my bump stops were completely obliterated. Are there any aftermarket ones I can use to replace them?

any parts store should have them....
    register! www.bordumb.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I would try to get them from Mitsubishi first. I believe they aren't more than $6 each.

Now if you have no luck at Mitsubishi you can try Napa or any other local auto parts store. IF for some reason they can't find a application for the 7g Galant....tell them to search for a 2g Eclipse/Talon (95-99). I have ran into this before on certain parts that can be used from the Eclipse/Talon on our 7g when they aren't able to find a application for the 7g Galant.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I just called the Mitsubishi parts dept, and thy quoted me a price of $19.00 each. They called them dampeners. Is this the correct name for this part?

Yeah, Mitsubishi calls them dampers. $19 each is a lot. www.mitsubishiparts.com has them for $11.27 each. Of course then you would have to pay shipping. That stealership is robbing you.

EDIT: What's funny is that if you look up the same part for a 2G Eclipse, it's called a strut bumper and is only $5.14 on www.mitsubishiparts.com. That's retarded. It's the same part. Tell your dealership you want them for a 2G Eclipse and maybe they will be cheaper.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 02-25-2008 at 11:10 AM