The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOw Easy Or Hard?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

HOw Easy Or Hard?

i how easy or hard would it be 2 find a 2g fwd automatic tann and put it in

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    easy as fuck depending on ya smarts and experience.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Would need the TCU out of the 2g FWD auto no? Is the wiring between the 2g and 7g TCU the same?
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Even if the wiring is the same, I'd bet that the solenoids are a bit different. You don't want the Galant TCU controlling that transmission. Could cause premature wear, electrical problems, who knows...

For the price of the TCU, I'd throw that in your swap list as well. So what's your purpose in doing this? You have a blown transmission or do you just want a stronger trans?

you need the 2g TCU

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Even if the wiring is the same, I'd bet that the solenoids are a bit different. You don't want the Galant TCU controlling that transmission. Could cause premature wear, electrical problems, who knows...

For the price of the TCU, I'd throw that in your swap list as well. So what's your purpose in doing this? You have a blown transmission or do you just want a stronger trans?
    and i want a strong transmission

and 1 of my friends said i should have it rebuilt because of the motor im getting (4G63t)

Proto
    If you switch to a 2G turbo fwd trans you'll need to get the TCU and axles since the input shaft is different. It's possible that the pin out is different. I could care less what motor you put in the automatic is going to blow after a while. It's difficult to find a 2g turbo fwd trans, same for a 5 speed. Best bet is just to find a 5 speed swap from a 7g or keep the current trans and have it built (not rebuilt). As for your friends I wouldn't listen to a damn thing they say since obviously they are about smart as a rock.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I would vote 5spd as well. Theres really no advantage in a turbo FWD auto unless you have a system like TCUgo installed, a built auto, and either use it on the drag or road courses.

For daily driving and street power, Id go 5spd every time.
    7g for life!