The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Switch to stock exhaust=FASTER???

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Switch to stock exhaust=FASTER???

well since i live in cali...i and many others are constantly harrassed by pigs over any mods we do to our cars....after getting pulled over cuzz of my exhaust i decided to put back my stock even though i passed the Refeere, decible test.....Im tired of give those damn pigs a reason to pull me over...Even if its a fix it or what ever ticket..its just a waste of time and headaches....
    I notice a better response on accelerating...I knew when replacing your exhaust you'll loose some "Low end torque"? but wow i can really tell the difference.....I remeber flooring it and making hella noise but going nowhere SLOW with the aftermarket exhaust..Now it feels like putting the stock on.. it feels acutually faster?? I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me.... Is there any truth to what im saying????

your Opinions are appreciated...thanks...
    wise up or stand down

blue8g
    if you have a stock g, and you put exhaust on, you'll reduce the back pressure to amounts that will actually cost you power, and the stock exhaust is pretty decently engineered for a stock g....

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgalant View Post
    well since i live in cali...i and many others are constantly harrassed by pigs over any mods we do to our cars....after getting pulled over cuzz of my exhaust i decided to put back my stock even though i passed the Refeere, decible test.....Im tired of give those damn pigs a reason to pull me over...Even if its a fix it or what ever ticket..its just a waste of time and headaches....
    I notice a better response on accelerating...I knew when replacing your exhaust you'll loose some "Low end torque"? but wow i can really tell the difference.....I remeber flooring it and making hella noise but going nowhere SLOW with the aftermarket exhaust..Now it feels like putting the stock on.. it feels acutually faster?? I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me.... Is there any truth to what im saying????

your Opinions are appreciated...thanks...
    I don't know but you are lucky your car is not black. I heard Cali legislators are toying around with the idea of banning black cars because they need more A/C to cool off which requires more gas. I swear this is true but I would assume cars would be grandfathered in.

Experienced TGC Member
    While you have to commend Cali and other states for actually trying to tackle the issues of emissions, it sounds to me like theyve gotten a little ridiculous with their efforts.

Why is it illegal for cars to have aftermarket exhausts, when yet its acceptable for large diesel engine trucks/buses/etc... to be spewing that horrid exhaust everywhere they go?

BTW, what kind of exhaust were you running? Size piping? Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    if you have a stock g, and you put exhaust on, you'll reduce the back pressure to amounts that will actually cost you power, and the stock exhaust is pretty decently engineered for a stock g....
    first you need to know the facts. most exhaust setups are factor replacement..... as in they are the same pipe diameter. second, reducing back pressure only occurs on larger diameter piping. i have never heard of anyone losing power with a performance exhaust.

and to the OP you only loose torque if you put a 3" full exhaust on a I4 N/A. and i remember your post on the exhaust issue. you said you failed the DB test by like .5 or something like that.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    I don't know but you are lucky your car is not black. I heard Cali legislators are toying around with the idea of banning black cars because they need more A/C to cool off which requires more gas. I swear this is true but I would assume cars would be grandfathered in.
    Its only new cars

As for the exhaust it depends on the size you were running on the after market. If you are using a stock try to get rid of as many bends as possible and it will most likely improve power slightly as the stock piping is very restrictive. There was a huge debate about with this TJ and a few others in 06-07 I believe when someone asked How High you can get the power on an NA Galant