The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fart cans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    kool! thanks stuner.! but i will save the 40 bucks and tigweld it all myself... but ware do you extend it??

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

First off, I got myself a Magnaflow, 2.25 inlet, dual out, nice looking, horribly loud, but a deep loud, here's a clip of the Magnaflow:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_7jCpWyYNo8

Due to the loudness, I asked my favorite shop to throw on something a little less dramatic, an OEM-esque oval but still straight through, then topped it off with a large stainless steel tip (the tip cost more than the muffler). I love it now, it's still a little loud, so I need to be checking for leaks.

If I had the money, I would get either a Tanabe or a ApexI WSII. I have had the ApexI on a Honda Accord, super quiet until you punch it, and even then it's only a tad louder and deeper than stock. The only reason I say those two are because of noise, I have to drive my car daily and it sucks when I can't hear myself think and my ears pop everytime I roll down the windows (exageration).

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    kool! thanks stuner.! but i will save the 40 bucks and tigweld it all myself... but ware do you extend it??
    From the rear cross member back and to my knowledge a few inches to the cat also. The VRS exhaust is a very very nice option. If you don't want to spend that kind of money then just visit an exhaust shop get them to bend up some pipe, get a flowmaster muffler , and put a nice oval tip on the end.

im actually trying to order a full cat back right now but everything for the gst is 3" which i just got my header,downpipe and highflow cat which is 2.25. would a gs catback work too?? i can get the same size which i would like to keep all the way back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99...spagenameZWDVW

that is the one that i am looking to get would let me stay at the same size piping all the way back.

1996 galant s

yeap, it works.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i think that i made a mistake dose the 2g eclipse header bolt up to the 4g64?? or did i need to get the one for a 1g??
    Last edited by Galant306m; 04-10-2008 at 12:37 AM

1996 galant s

I am going with a full Magnaflow Exahaust.

i want to buy this one

Universal Stainless Hi-Power Muffler w/ Titanium Tip
    130mm Shell, 96mm Tip, and 60mm Inlet

what do you thinks guys.

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

So i got a package today. Megan racing full catback! i got the header also, but its not going to fit, which sucks. here are the pics of the cat back.

1996 galant s

so ive sold the 2g megan racing header and now im going to be looking to get another one. Will the 3g eclipse header work, i no that i can use one from the 2g spider and the 8g galant. but the ones that i can find the most of are the ones for the 3g eclipse. so if they work im going to order one. Let me know guys. i should have the catback on this weekend so ill take some pics.

1996 galant s

TGC Regular
    mu exhaust sounds good :shrug:
    and that cat-back looks different that the one i have.. but maybe thats cause u have a 7g.
    Last edited by lKoRTy; 04-16-2008 at 10:25 AM

yea its a lil different from my stock 7g one too but i think i can make it work. i should be getting it on this weekend just have to do some minor adjustments to lengthen it to the cat.!

1996 galant s

added an extenssion to my pipe. 6" and it lines up perfectly with everything! i should be putting it on this weekend!

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow nice, i know we were just talking about these, i didnt do a full exhaust. i just threw a new 4" muffler on

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    wow nice, i know we were just talking about these, i didnt do a full exhaust. i just threw a new 4" muffler on
    Yea i decided to go catback because i had the money and because i think mine is still the exhaust that came with my car from factory!!! I have so many leaks and its better to have a nice stainless steel exhaust.

I cant wait to hear how it sounds!!!!

1996 galant s

Should i paint that section of non ss pipe, to keep it from rusting? And which paint should i use to do it??

1996 galant s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12