The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6g75

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    not sure if this would be any helpful info, but my local junkyard has an 9g 4cyl in it..with pretty low miles. I think there under 20k
    It would be of help if we were talking about 4G69's.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

why would you bring a 4 banger into a V6 conversation.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

someone is apparently not reading the thread.....

MGB2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    X2. ever heard of AMS? yeah man i would love to advocate the v6 swap into a 64 based chasis but there are far more simple ways to make the power you want. not to mention the 64 has great potential and can provide the power delivery that you may be looking for (i.e. low end torque and a fat powerband). good luck in your journeys where ever you go and make certain to pay attention to the guys who know what we.. uh they, are talking about. lol sorry i couldnt cover that one up.
    I know that the 4G64 is a great engine to build upon, but I just wanted to go with a V6. If I could find another Galant with a V6 in good condition, I would trade mine for it. But, more than likely I will just stick with the 4G64 and build it up. I just wanted to try something different.

please dont mistake us for downing you on this project, we arent saying you shouldnt, its just that i imagine you would save yourself some money turboing the 64 ya know.

WarmAndSCSI
    This is so true. From people who dump a ton of money into 6G7x projects, please just stay with the 4G64!

yep i have spent about $6k in just two months on my car and thats still not with the itb,s , the emanage ultimate, the machine work, and getting the car functional again. ugghhh

WarmAndSCSI
    Prepare for at least $900 including tax for your machine work. That's what the 6G72 cost me to just get machined. If I had been paying a regular speed shop to do the assembly, parts, and installation as well it would have been somewhere around $7k just for the first rebuild last fall.

6G7x modification is expensive, at least 2x more than 4G6x!

MGB2003
    Thanks, I am just going to stick with the 4G64. What do you guys think would be better to do first? Doing work to the block or going turbo? I planning on going 5-speed before working on the engine. Also, what would be the best injectors to use?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well if your going to turbo it its always better to do any supporting mods beforehand, if you build teh block etc you will be able to run much higher boost when you slap on the turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12