The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2001 V6 engine vibration

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    c2po

2001 V6 engine vibration

looks like I need some help.
    recently got my 2001 Galant fixed grom transmission leakage (paid big bucks ouch), and now after they put everything together I have excessive engine vibration, most of it resonating on the body at around 2000rpm, doesn't matter if it's on neutral or moving or what gear it is. sound is also kinda very growling now, before it was completely quiet.

returned the car to dealership - of course they didn't find anything wrong (well, I guess they just don't want to see it). I can't diagnose it myself, could it be related to a fix or just coincidence? could it be some misfiring (spark plugs or wires)?

what do I do now? going back probably is not an option if they don't see anything wrong.
    does anyone know a good mechanic in Georgia around Roswell, Duluth, Alpharetta, Cumming?
    car is not too old (120000miles) and was in very good shape before that unlucky leak, I'd hate to dump it just because of some simple thing that I can't find myself... any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks!
    Last edited by c2po; 02-28-2008 at 05:23 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    motor mounts?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    motor mounts?
    I'd hope the dealership would have caught this... but yeah, that's the most likely suspect.

I have a pravite machinic to do all of my work, but I would got to this guy that did my timing belt. its called herbert automotive in Cumming and ask for scott.

c2po
    thanks, I'll check on that.
    that vibration is driving me nuts after many years of a smooth ride.
    how much roughly would be to change all four mounts?

I will check!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you can do it yourself its not extremely hard, but it does take up a decent amount of time, just go with a set of prothane inserts they can be had for under $100

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    you can do it yourself its not extremely hard, but it does take up a decent amount of time, just go with a set of prothane inserts they can be had for under $100

I dont think this guy can handle doing that dude.

c2po
    yeah, I used to do it in my previous life (and in another country) but here - no tools, no garage, and no desire for doing that... =)

c2po
    UPDATE: you guys were absolutely right - it were motor mounts. probably those... ahem... bad guys at dealership killed one ot two completely while fixing transmission leak. I never will go there again.

after replacing all of the mounts problem went away completely, smooth and quiet now - thanks wittydrewy for the tip where to fix it!

i think the noise might be coming from you exhaust, see when the fixed the trans leak they moved and poked around the exhaust and the flex pipe on you galant might have poked small holes from years of rust. same thing happend to me,

and of course your motor mounts are shot because they kept moving the engine.
    its not thier fault its just normal tear and wear on the parts.

2000 I4 100k Miles