The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dent removal products?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

dent removal products?

does anyone know of a product the i can use to remove the dent in my rear fender? before anyone says go to a body shop, i cannot afford it. the dent isn't really that bad, it just doesn't look that attractive after i wax my car. im not too sure what hit it, as it was there when i bought the car, but its about 12 - 13 inches long and about 6 - 8 inches tall. the paint wasn't damaged so it should still be good after the dent is popped. i've seen the dent poppers that use suction cups, but they don't look that good. i am just trying to avoid sanding, stud welding and painting. so if anyone knows of any good products, let me know. thanks in advance

a picture is worth a thousand words.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    they have a dent puller at autozone (or advanced auto parts) that is a large suction cup (about 4-5 inches across). The one i bought there was bright orange and was about 7 bucks. That should do the trick.

Also, is it in an area that you can get inside the trunk and push it out??

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03 View Post
    they have a dent puller at autozone (or advanced auto parts) that is a large suction cup (about 4-5 inches across). The one i bought there was bright orange and was about 7 bucks. That should do the trick.

Also, is it in an area that you can get inside the trunk and push it out??
    no. that was the first thing i tried. im getting ready to go out and clean my engine bay, so ill take a pic while im out there.

Funny that you created this thread as I was going to post the same thing. I was actually at advance auto parts and looking at a DING KING product (seen on TV...as the claimed it on the box). The dude who's working there said that the product isn't any good. Many people returned it cuz it didn't do the job as it supposed to. It's only $20 (where some sellers on ebay sell them for $20-$30). What do u guys think about this product? Is it any good?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i have the two smallest dents one on my hood and the other next to the trunk. i didnt do any of them. my car has all these scratches and i didnt do a thing to it lol. people need to learn how to drive b4 they trade a car in for a new one

anyways, they are kinda rusting, ill take pics after work tomorrow, but what should i do? they are like golf ball sized

i also heard of another way.. u blast it with heat and then u freeze it with liquid nitrogen

dont quote me on that though... coulda been for something else
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    i have the two smallest dents one on my hood and the other next to the trunk. i didnt do any of them. my car has all these scratches and i didnt do a thing to it lol. people need to learn how to drive b4 they trade a car in for a new one

anyways, they are kinda rusting, ill take pics after work tomorrow, but what should i do? they are like golf ball sized
    Tell me about it. All off the dents on my car have been stupid people in parking lots. Note I wasnt ever in my car when it happened or I woulda kicked a dent in there car just to be fair. lol

But yea Ive seen those rip off 20 dollar sucksion cups and I wouldnt waist that much on a piece of plastic.
    Life is a....... ehhhh depending how u dress er

Use A Blowdryer and a can of that office "air duster"

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    i also heard of another way.. u blast it with heat and then u freeze it with liquid nitrogen

dont quote me on that though... coulda been for something else
    You're right, I was just reading about this when searching on the web. I'm gonna try it and let yall know if it works for me. I have a bunch of small dents on my hood and also the rear door. Imma try and take pictures before and after. Heres the link w/ video tutorials: http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-...ly-and-cheaply

Quote Originally Posted by jhendra83 View Post
    The dude who's working there said that the product isn't any good. Many people returned it cuz it didn't do the job as it supposed to.
    the glue that came with the kit sux monkey balls :(

haha.. major monkey balls.. and when u apply the 'hot glue' it has to be decentlly warm outside.. it cant be cold. and that product doesnt work at all
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Ding King messed my paint up!

so i went and bought a "Ding King" today. total waste of money! the glue is crap. i could see the dent start to lift and then the glue would break free. the stuff they put in the box to remove the glue with doesnt work, i have half dollar size black spots where the glue was. and here is the kicker. the glue pulled paint off!!! i am currently in the process of filing a claim to get it fixed. "Won't harm your car's finish." "Makes your car look showroom new" what a load of crap. when i called their office i asked to speak with Billy whatever his last name is, but they just said he doesnt handle customer claims. i got the $17.10 back that i paid for it, but now im just waiting on a call back to set up a time to meet with their insurance rep. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!

edit: i really didnt expect it to work, i just bought it because i was bored and thought 'hey, whats the worst it could do.' i was gonna try it and take it back saying it didnt work.
    Last edited by Rusty; 03-26-2008 at 01:58 PM

kbeast
    y not a plunger ?

stkiflngaz
    well guess im not guying the ding king... sonds pretty bad

i bought this the other day, this does not work. I have no creased dents i used shit load of their glue yet nothing. I tried little dents, and big ones on my roof nothing came out. I can see it pulling the dent up, but the shitty glue comes off. Im going back to pepboys returning this junk. lol guess ill have to pay the bodyshop when car goes in, figure i save few bucks and try it out. btw its $19.99 at pepboys incase anybody wants to try.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Well, I don't know why it didn't work for you guys, but it worked for me. Ding King was able to remove 3 big dents on my van and a small dent on my 8g. I did it during a hot summer day though.

Did you let the car sit in the sun? i read the instructions it said cool 50-60 degrees so I left mine in the garage. Ill try it again tomorrow in the sun before i return it then. I even let it sit for 5 min's like it stated but no luck
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If the dent caused a crease, even a small one, if you pop it back out, it will look worse then it is now. If it's just a push in, then you might be able to push it out. If I saw a picture I might be able to help you. A small dent to you, means major damage to me and vice verse.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Did you let the car sit in the sun? i read the instructions it said cool 50-60 degrees so I left mine in the garage. Ill try it again tomorrow in the sun before i return it then. I even let it sit for 5 min's like it stated but no luck
    I did mine last year, but it was hot like in the 90's but the car was partly shaded under a tree, but still hot. One thing to note though is that it usually takes a couple of "pulls" until you get it right, and it says so in the instructions as well.

Also, it probably worked for me because the dents that I have were pushed in that poped out properly.

Quote Originally Posted by keefin View Post
    You're right, I was just reading about this when searching on the web. I'm gonna try it and let yall know if it works for me. I have a bunch of small dents on my hood and also the rear door. Imma try and take pictures before and after. Heres the link w/ video tutorials: http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-...ly-and-cheaply
    has anyone tried the techniques that are on that site?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast