The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dent removal products?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Hmmmm, might be worth a shot if you are already sending your car to the body shop.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i have a dent on the hood where the latch sits..it sucks cuzz i got this dent on the freeway a freakin 4X4 wood from the other side of the freeway flew in the air and hit my hood and bumper...4 weeks after i got my bumper replaced and painted from an accident... i guess it serves me right i was driving in the car pool lane goin 80....tried other suction products..doesnt work ..i even dry ice?? i know...maybe i need to drill a hole and hammer it out??
    wise up or stand down

These are what professionals use. You have to locate the dent and push it out it by removing any interior pieces (door panel, headliner, etc.). It works; trust me. They can be found here: http://www.pdr-tools.com/Tool_Kits.asp

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    i also heard of another way.. u blast it with heat and then u freeze it with liquid nitrogen

dont quote me on that though... coulda been for something else
    heat it with HEAT GUN/BLOWDRIER then spray keyboard cleaner on it (hold the can upside down) worked for a few dents for me. might take a few tries

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    heat it with HEAT GUN/BLOWDRIER then spray keyboard cleaner on it (hold the can upside down) worked for a few dents for me. might take a few tries
    yea i saw some vids like that but wasnt sure they were legit.i might have to try that out sometime. and how big were the dents it fixed?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

i tried that heat gun/ co2 spray, it dosnt work well for me at-least. I used a whole can of dust off too
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    yeaaa that didn't work for me...

I recently got into a car accident. I got a quote from the insurance company saying the damage is just above a $1000 the only thing that realy needs to be fixed is the front bumper. A new one is around $200.00, i was hopeing i could just pop the big dent out. any tricks you guys have used in the past? im going to try the hair dryer method tommorow.

The hair drier dent trick only works on some dents

i went the hair dryer method to loosen the body up and then a block of wood to help bring put the dent. after i used a little hammer and kind of like a needle looking thing to bring out the high spots. the hot and cold method useing co2 did not do anything for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12