The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Troubleshooting my tranny

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Galant313

Troubleshooting my tranny

Can anyone help me troubleshooting my tranny so I don't jump into buying one if I dont need it?
    :p

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    What is your transmission doing that you need help with??
    If it comes down to a new transmission, let me know because I just pulled mine out of my 02 with only 45,000 miles and I have it for sale.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

An explination as to what its doing would be nice.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    werd!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Galant313
    Ok, so here's the deal: I have no Reverse or Drive, 3, 2, and L. When the front wheels are off the ground and it's in Park, I can spin the wheels. When I put it into Drive the axles aren't moving. The fluid level is normal, no leaks. The fluid is still red and may smell a lil burnt. So thats the situation, I have no idea whats wrong and I have not drained my tranny yet ad checked the filter because a tranny shop told me I could mess it up. It's a 99 Galant with the 4cyl, and it has 146k miles. Thanks guys.

According to dealer, pump inside transmission quit pumping when my '01 stopped. It just stopped - no leaking, no hesitation, no warning.

99-01 have external oil filte or 99-00. 02-03 have internal.

Galant313
    Well I jumped into buying a tranny, I should have my car back tomorrow. The mechanic said my tranyy was shot.

What did you pay for it and how many miles??

Galant313
    I paid 1000 for tranny, new seals, fluids, labor, tax and shipping. It has 60k miles on it. I wanted to help you out but this worked out to my favor, sorry. I will ask around for you to help you get rid of your tranny.

Help me out?? confused! I'm not trying to get rid of my transmission yet or I would have it posted for sale. I was just trying to help you out. Glad it worked out for you though.

Galant313
    Oh my bad, I thought you were trying get rid of it. Thanks for helping me though.

Well, in case your tranny is shot, it would be a good time to consider going 5 speed.....:)

This sounds extremely similar to what happened to me. Except my tranny was in fact completely fine. My car randomly would not have any gears and would not shift on its own. When I was driving and I would get to a red light, my car felt like it just shifted into neutral and wouldn't move. I had to shift it into Low gear to get it going and it would rattle pretty bad when I did that.

Aamco was retarded and they said oh because you say your spedo is erratic it's the speed sensor! Idiots had to replace it twice because it didn't do anything. Their response, "Oh it must be an electrical problem we'll have to check all the wiring." I said screw this and took my car. Found the problem myself. Took the radio out that I had (Factory radio by the way) all my problems disappeared. Hopefully your tranny actually shit the bed and you didn't just blow money for no reason like I did.