The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Wiki Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    i have an original 1999 brochure somewhere... gotta look for it though.

found it! ok here's some stuff for 1999 (probably '99-01):

DE's don't have foglights.
    DE's have mast type attnennas as opposed to the rear window ones the other trims have (ES and up have no external antenna).
    DE's don't have dual illuminated visor vanity mirros with covers.
    DE's have power windows but have manual mirrors.
    DE's don't have cruise control.
    DE's don't have keyless entry.

ABS optional on i4's, standard on v6.

the unicorn! a 5 speed manual is listed as standard for the ES (i4)! the 4 speed auto is an option on the ES (i4)!

also '99-'01 have an in cabin air filtraion system (filter located behind the glovebox). i know this was eliminated for the '02-'03.

i need a flatbed scanner to scan this thing, it's to big to go into the all-in-one printer/scanner we have hooked up right now.
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-03-2008 at 04:37 AM

WarmAndSCSI
    ^^ I think that is all accurate for the 99-00 years. My 2001 was manufactured in late 2000 and it definitely doesn't have an in-cabin air filtration system. I thought that was eliminated for the 2001 model year.

Also, I've checked CAPS time and time again for a 5-speed application for the Galant and one simply doesn't show up. I don't believe Mitsubishi ever actually sold a 5-speed 8th gen in the US. I'd be pleasantly surprised if one ever turns up, but I doubt it.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    I thought that was eliminated for the 2001 model year.
    i thought so too

so dual piston and cabin filtration went away at the same time i guess.

yeah the 5 speed is listed so maybe they intended to make one... i know at least one came out of the factory... was confirmed by TGC members at a "back 2 normal" meet years ago. other than that the factory 5 speed is a unicorn; u've heard stories about it but u've never seen one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    so dual piston and cabin filtration went away at the same time i guess.

yeah the 5 speed is listed so maybe they intended to make one... i know at least one came out of the factory... was confirmed by TGC members at a "back 2 normal" meet years ago. other than that the factory 5 speed is a unicorn; u've heard stories about it but u've never seen one in person.
    i saw one in NY....it was an old man driving it 1999 DE 5spd..bone stock...i doubt it was swapped

thanks for the info reelax

also, one more thing that i want to confirm before i change, de's have black grilles and chrome trunk garnish right?

cause right now it says they are both black, but i have never seen a black trunk garnish other than black gtz's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

ABS optional on i4's, standard on v6.
    aha! i knew it

My V6 ES doesn't have ABS

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    yea but yours is an 03

sorry i meant all V6's for the 99-01 have it cause I didn't know it was only an option for the 02-03 until this thread

WarmAndSCSI
    Weird about the 5 spd. Wonder what the dealership would say if you tried to order parts for it. It's clearly not in the parts lookup application

WarmAndSCSI
    Noticed there are some nice spots added for some more detailed specs on the 6G72. I'll fill those in sometime this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12