The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 gs engine

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    quicksilver

94 gs engine

are any parts compatible with 95 s because i have a 95 s and im just bought 94 gs engine and i am plannin on a swap out tips please..

Well I duno if you bought the harnest as well but you will need a harnest/gs ecu as well to make the swap possible. You could also order special parts to convert your 95s dizzy to coil packs...

There is a tutorial on it in the How/To Section which shows you how to convert and also add a knock sensor, so that you can use your curent ecu with the gs motor... Other than that, everything else shouldn't be a problem. Any more specific questions, just ask...
    or Search
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

What power gains do you actually get with the GS motor? Is it quite substantial?

You should Search on the capabilities of a GS motor but the swap of a GS motor will open up a world of modification to the G. Its a better start for adding a turbo the the sohc because the head flows better since its DOHC. I could go on but Search the forums aan you will know why the GS Engine is so sought after....
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

quicksilver
    well i got the engine for 200 dollars i know it comes without alot of parts i do not know if i got te harness with it i gotta pick it up from pennsylvania im all the way ion fredericksburg virginia so hopefully i can mod that mofo out leave it in my shed til its time for mine to blow then swap complete stock body i know itl be a sleeper like hell but i appreciate the people on this site because i know no one that appreciates this type of car around here these 2.4s have [potential everyone has these little 2.0 an 1.8s runninthem almost completely stock an thinkin they are hot shit but ive race several when mine was bone stock and damn i just wnaa mod this thing out to be a bad lil machine

Quicksilver,
    Per the chilton manual:
    The SOHC puts out 141 hp at 5500 rpm and 148 ft lbs torque at 3000 rpm.
    The DOHC puts out 160 hp at 6000 rpm and 160 ft lbs torque at 4200 rpm.

RE: your DOHC engine: Is it complete? Does it run? $200 for a DOHC is a smok'n deal. The closest DOHC 4g64 engine to me is a core (needs rebuilt) and is missing parts. They want $200 for that.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

quicksilver
    well like i said it comes without some of the main shit but im main interested in it for the cams and head because i heard there is a whole lot more you can get outof a dohc than a sohc

quicksilver
    oh yea and this one does run

quicksilver
    found it in chesterfield auto parts

You need to realize the scope of what you are undertaking. You cannot run the DOHC motor on your stock ECU. You cannot use your stock intake manifold with it. You cannot slap a turbo on a 10:1 compression motor without having a way to tune it very accurately. FYI the bolt on cams designed for the eclipse are for a turbocharged motor, which makes them ass backwards for an N/A setup.

So in short, you will need a new ecu, you will need to do some serious rewiring of your wiring harness in order to utilize that ecu(unless you manage to snag a complete harness so you can swap out the whole thing ... still a huge amount of work), you will need a knock sensor(which also needs to be wired in).

And all of this goes without saying that you will also need the tools, knowledge, time and space to pull out the old engine, rewire everything and then install the new one.

Good luck.

222whp/250wtq

quicksilver
    thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    I was wondering because there is a complete gs motor near me and its $550 but it has 133000 miles on it but i dont know how it was driven and i can probably get the ecu and wiring harness as well cuz they r parting out the car... is it worth it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the ecu is $100 and r the trannys the same? same block so i think it is if not let me know because i have a brand new tranny on my 1996 galant s now n dont wanna let it go 2 waste

TGC Regular
    You can use the stock harness the 95 S ecu pinouts are similar to the 94 GS, your goin have to cut and rearrange pins. Get a Chilton they have the pinouts for the 94 GS and 95 S. I have the pinout if you need them, its not that hard with since you have a Galant, I got add wires for a air sensor since I have a 4g15 (Alot of fun).

Im doing the samething your doing except my engine is put together I got an Expo 2.4 engine with a 2.0 head from an Elantra, but my engine is goin into my Mirage.

2167lb car + 160 HP= BEAST