The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alignment

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    silverlightning

Alignment

Is it true their is no camber adjustment for the 8g. I wailed a curb and my tie-rod is slightly bent, the guy I brought my car to said he wouldn't align it (the toe) to compensate for the bend (It so slight you have to look 2-3 times and compare to the other side to see it) and he also said no camber adjust. Any thoughts...........

WarmAndSCSI
    Tie rods are steering components and only affect toe, not camber directly. You must be referring to something else. The camber is not adjustable directly without installing a kit. Just get the bent part fixed... why would you want to leave it bent any way? Do you feel your safety on the road isn't worth whatever it costs to fix?

if you buy a camber correction kit, and install it, you will have camber adjustment.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I agree with them but you dont buy a camber kit for that just fix the problem and dont cut corners dude. They are not expensive. Were you drinking?? takes a lot to bend those...

Fix the bent part and align the car.

YEa def. get that tie rod replaced. I just replaced both the left and right inner and outer tie rods. Not only are you trying to kill your self but its gunna chew your tires like gumme bears
    Life is a....... ehhhh depending how u dress er

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I agree with them but you dont buy a camber kit for that just fix the problem and dont cut corners dude. They are not expensive. Were you drinking?? takes a lot to bend those...
    No, 6 inch of snow with .5 inch of ice underneath, G meets curb going 15 mph, I swear it sounded so bad I thought the fu-kin wheel was folded underneath the car, The funny thing is after I took off my stock wheel it was banged up, and put the enkei's back on the car, runs straight and good, the bend is so slight, I really don't know how bad its going to affect the driving, I guess I will have to see how the tires wear........THe place I went to wanted $360. I'm not about to do a tie-rod end with-out a lift......

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    No, 6 inch of snow with .5 inch of ice underneath, G meets curb going 15 mph, I swear it sounded so bad I thought the fu-kin wheel was folded underneath the car, The funny thing is after I took off my stock wheel it was banged up, and put the enkei's back on the car, runs straight and good, the bend is so slight, I really don't know how bad its going to affect the driving, I guess I will have to see how the tires wear........THe place I went to wanted $360. I'm not about to do a tie-rod end with-out a lift......
    Why not? The outer tierod is easy. The inner only slightly more time consuming, but still relatively easy. Just use jackstands or a bottlejack.

At $360 that should be the inner and outer tierods with labor and alignment.

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Why not? The outer tierod is easy. The inner only slightly more time consuming, but still relatively easy. Just use jackstands or a bottlejack.

At $360 that should be the inner and outer tierods with labor and alignment.
    nope, just the outer, called 2 different places at $360, $375 at the dealer

i kown i can get the outer for 58 bucks to my door on-line.

WarmAndSCSI
    You can get the outer tie rods from AutoZone for like $40 a pop...

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    nope, just the outer, called 2 different places at $360, $375 at the dealer

i kown i can get the outer for 58 bucks to my door on-line.
    Wow. Thats crazy. The outer shouldn't be more than $175 - $250 parts and labor with alignment. Some cars outers cost upwards of $120-150, but not ours. That shop must want $100 labor, $175 parts, and probably $80 alignment. Go to an independant shop, or just replace them yourself than have a shop align it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Here dude! Under 40 bucks for Tie rod end(inner) and (outer).
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 03-05-2008 at 06:51 PM

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Here dude! Under 40 bucks for Tie rod end(inner) and (outer).
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
    Thanks for the link Raz, thanks everyone else for the help also ;)

Like I said i just replaced the left and right inner and outter for some what cheap but def cheaper then what your getting.

Inner tie rod was only 54 and it was a good brand..........75$ in labor

as far as the outer. 16 Bucks from advanced auto parts and I did the work myself. its only two screws and a lil elbow grease.

Paid 122.00 for a life time alignment
    Life is a....... ehhhh depending how u dress er

Definitely get the parts replaced that are damaged. If you don't, you could end up with damage to something else as a result of running a damaged part. At the end of last winter, I had to throw my 18's back on because I got a flat on my 16's. Of course we ended up having one more snow storm and I slid real hard into a curb like you did. The impact was so jarring, I thought for sure my front passenger side wheel got ripped off. Anyway, the boot on my tie rod end ripped and the wheel bearings were making noise. Not to mention my rim was toast. I ended up having to replace the tie rod end and the hub. I did it myself without a lift and it was fairly easy... especially the tie rod end. The hardest part was getting the axle nut off, but you won't have to do that for just the tie rod end. It sucks because my axle has been making noises for months now.