The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR-4 Engines

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

VR-4 Engines

Do you think i can find a VR-4 For my 96 Galant or could i use the 3000GT Engine:p

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i suggest you search but the short answer is no..although like anything with enough money anythings possible

Come on dude you really need to stop being all naive and shit. If it was a relatively easy swap you probably would have seen it discussed on the boards already. Second you are asking a lot of very "noob" questions that are extremely optimistic yet just as unlikely. My rule of thumb is that those who come here that are willing to spend the money and put the effort into something as big as swapping engines/turbo installs/head swaps will know what they are talking about before they ask questions. No offense but there are a huge number of threads asking exactly the same questions that you have asked and a huge majority of those people never came any closer to accomplishing those goals than posting in a thread in a forum on some internet site. It's just the reality of it all; however, I will state the prerequisite anything is possible with enough money, it just depends on how far you are willing to go in order to make it work.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The 3000gt 6g72TT WILL fit in a 7g chassis, Ive seen one 7g swapped with a 3kgt VR4 motor. No clue on the customization needed though.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Anything is possible with enough money!

Anything is possible. Case in point, this Daihatsu Charade with a 3000GT engine and transmision.
    http://3svideo.vidiac.com/video/2fd5...0b01574bcd.htm

^^^ link no good ...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Dude, ignore those who hate. But, yeah, read up about it. It can be done. It has been done. I am doing it myself. A '95 Galant S with the full drivetrain from a '97 3KGT VR-4. Including the 6sp and AWS. Sorry, no pics for now. I'll post em when I take em. Keeping both turbos will take some creative engineering as will the AWS system. It does take time and money, but with enough of both it is very doable.
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

^^^ have fun trying to do aws. Its the most complicated system there is on a car. i doubt that you are going to be able to pull that one off. Not saying that you dont know wat you might think you are doing but, what im saying is getting that system to work in a car that isnt designed at all to have it and using parts that are not compatable with the galant you are going to have a great time trying to get that to work.

For doing the 3000gt vr4 motor and transmission it takes alot more then what you would think. if i were you i i would just go with the eclipse engine its much less work and you could potentially build a beast.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

hell yeah im do it that way i was thinking about the 4g63 dohc nt because im low on cash but the hell with it because i hear it dont have alot of hp

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    hell yeah im do it that way i was thinking about the 4g63 dohc nt because im low on cash but the hell with it because i hear it dont have alot of hp
    A 4G63 NT is a waste of money. The easiest and best swap is the 6 bolt 4G63T. Now quit just saying a bunch of bullshit and research. Thanks!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    A 4G63 NT is a waste of money. The easiest and best swap is the 6 bolt 4G63T. Now quit just saying a bunch of bullshit and research. Thanks!:D
    yeah i know that is 1 of the best motor they made but when putting in that 1 how far over do i have 2 move over the driver side mount over and and the 6A13tt do it only come with 240hp

1)Ummm I thought you just shaved a bit of the mount off. Pretty sure that tutorial says the same thing.

2) 6a13 is an 8G vr4 engine

Honestly if you're worried about an engine mount for a full 4g63t swap, are you really gonna considering importing and fabbing things to work for a 6a12tt ._. . Not trying to be rude, but seriously.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    ^^^ have fun trying to do aws. Its the most complicated system there is on a car. i doubt that you are going to be able to pull that one off. Not saying that you dont know wat you might think you are doing but, what im saying is getting that system to work in a car that isnt designed at all to have it and using parts that are not compatable with the galant you are going to have a great time trying to get that to work.

For doing the 3000gt vr4 motor and transmission it takes alot more then what you would think. if i were you i i would just go with the eclipse engine its much less work and you could potentially build a beast.
    sounds like you really know what your talking, could explain to us what makes the AWS so complicated in detail . also what do you have to do mount a 3000gt vr4 in a 7G this info would really help. thanks
    Last edited by xd_01; 08-16-2008 at 06:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    1)Ummm I thought you just shaved a bit of the mount off. Pretty sure that tutorial says the same thing.

2) 6a13 is an 8G vr4 engine

Honestly if you're worried about an engine mount for a full 4g63t swap, are you really gonna considering importing and fabbing things to work for a 6a12tt ._. . Not trying to be rude, but seriously.
    oooo ok and for me i dont know what site to buy a 6a12 motor

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    Anything is possible. Case in point, this Daihatsu Charade with a 3000GT engine and transmision.
    http://3svideo.vidiac.com/video/2fd5...0b01574bcd.htm
    your link is bullshit, your Diahatsu story is bullshit, bullshit is bullshit. Case in point.
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    sounds like you really know what your talking, could explain to us what makes the AWS so complicated in detail . also what do you have to do mount a 3000gt vr4 in a 7G this info would really help. thanks
    AWS is possible on a 7G - in fact Mitsubishi made some models with this setup. So you can actually find 7G compatible parts.... Probably not easy to come by in the states though...
    6G73 2.5 DOHC V6
    AWD

hello there, I have a complete 7G Galant VR4 sitting right here in my garage. This is located in Vancouver, BC Canada the car is registered as a 15 year old import....

so if you need ANYTHING at all from it let me know, I would like to trade my 6A12TT for a 91 Talon/Eclipse 4G63. I need ECU, harness and dash harness, ecu and odd bits and pieces.

in return I can pull out the running and complete 6A12TT from my car and ship it to you via train or what not. Same deal ECU harness and bits and pieces complete. Let me know.

I can give you pics and videos if you are interested.

Also no a 4WS system integration is ACTUALLY QUITE COMPLICATED. the system not only uses steering angle and vehicle speed as inputs it also uses YAW angle as an input. It's Mitsubishi's original way to utilize the YAW angle sensor before the invention of the AYC system. The system is therefore very unlikely to come off the donor car with any elegance and to implement that to your 7G Galant is downright impossible.

not to mention you don't have a rear subframe that will house a steering rack and you don't have the 2000psi rated high pressure P/S hose that travels the whole length of the car.

Why would I know? Why my Galant VR4 is 4 wheel steered. Cheers.
    Last edited by hk20000; 08-28-2008 at 10:15 PM