The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to program keyless remotes 99-current Galant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    Hey, I'm new to TGC! First off, let me comment on the vast amount of information on here. The tutorials, including this one, are great. My 8g needs some work, so I was thinking of getting rid of it. However, after joining TGC I am inspired to bring her back to life.

Ok, my keyless entry question...Will this work if my 8g does not currently have keyless entry? If I can obtain a keyless unit and program it to work in my car? If not, what will it take to install it?

What connector or wire do I have to plug into terminal 1 and 4? And what sort of jumper cable connection do I need? That's the only thing can you guys explain to me in detail what the heck I'm doing please lol....thanks

Alright nvm I'm dumb I got it all except when I press lock on my keypad 3 times nothing happens? Is it a bad battery bad remote what is it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    Alright nvm I'm dumb I got it all except when I press lock on my keypad 3 times nothing happens? Is it a bad battery bad remote what is it?
    well, we have no idea on how to tell if your battery is bad from here :P if you have a voltmeter, you could check if the battery still has juice left in it. Or just buy a new battery and try it out.

batteries don't cost that much so I reckon you try it. Worst thing possible is you loose bit money and can be sure your battery won't die any time soon.

Do you guys know what battery is used in the keypad?

I think its CR2032 but I accidently bought CR2025 they are both used for keypads....
    Do you think it makes a difference? They are the exact same size too

wil this work with a 2000 gtz? i dont have a keyless remote atm but if i can get one will i be able to program ?

Trying this soon I love TGC!!!

will this wor foe a 2003 i4 es?

beating a dead horse...
    but I just did this on a 2003 ES with no problems. I received a few messages on the process. It's simple. Page 1 of this post is exactly what you need to do.

Yet, I've heard some people still had problems trying this. So to clarify:
    The jumper cable, I used a paper clip. Make sure there's no rubber/paint coating on it, so scrape it down to metal if there is.

1. Put the key in the OFF position in the ignition first.
    2. Place your jumper wire / paper clip / whatever in ports 1 & 4
    3. if you had your door open (its a pain to get to the data port with everything closed) quickly, shut the door. You only have 10 seconds to start.
    4. Hit the hazards 6 times (car will lock/unlock)
    5. press the Lock button 3 times, BAM you're done.

Another thing to note: the data port may appear Upside down when you get under there. Make sure you look at the diagram properly, notice the edges of the data port are angled.

this was a helpful link, same instructions. Brought by the power of Google.
    http://www.programyourremote.com/cla...se.asp?cid=239

Hello, been trying to fugue this out since I recieved my remote this morning. I tried various ways to get the car into program mode, but I have no luck at all. Tried the paper clip, the solid wires, anything I can place on slots 1 and 4.

I quickly close the door, start pressing the hazard switch 6-12 times and can't get the doors to lock and unlock. I've tried grounding slot 1 to a screw on the firewall, I've inserted the paper clip deep in slot 1 and 4. But nothing, can't get the car to go into program mode. I don't see or hear my locks switch. Also, I press the hazard 6-12 times because it takes one tap to engage and another to disengage.

My question is, I saw a Car-Pro CPX 2000 unit installed in the car. Probably by previous owner. Can that be the reason why it won't work? I'm trying to program the regular remote that comes with the car.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Re: How to program keyless remotes 99-current Galant

An aftermarket system will not affect the way oem keyless entry works it is not the issue. Make sure whatever it is needs to be done to program is being done correctly, otherwise youre looking at faulty components. I don't mess with stock keyless its junk in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just did mine... worked like a charm
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Just to be 100% sure before I buy a remote...all 8gs are keyless entry capable just need to program the correct remote?

Look in your trunk. If there is a small white box between the rear speakers than you have it. I can take a pic of it when I get off work in about 5 hrs.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Can't post a pic in this thread for whatever reason but I just went out to my car and I think I have it

I've yet to see a G without it.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Well, oakrdrs know what he is talking about. So more than likely your good. I bought mine off eBay and it came with the battery. All I had to do was follow these steps and I was golden.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast