The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to program keyless remotes 99-current Galant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 49 of 49
    I have a 2000 ES, how do i know which specific remote i need? Is the 3 button- lock, unlock, panic the one i need?

The 3 button is for the cars with factory alarms. One way to find out is at night, as you exit your car lock your doors with the button and close the door, then peek at your cluster and within a few seconda a green light with the symbol of a car and in the center of the car is a key, if that lights up it means the factory alarm has been activated and within a minute the light will turn off. If this is the case then get the 3 button. If nothing lights up on the dash then get the 2 button.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The 3 button is for the cars with factory alarms. One way to find out is at night, as you exit your car lock your doors with the button and close the door, then peek at your cluster and within a few seconda a green light with the symbol of a car and in the center of the car is a key, if that lights up it means the factory alarm has been activated and within a minute the light will turn off. If this is the case then get the 3 button. If nothing lights up on the dash then get the 2 button.

Ohhhh okay, i dont think i have that. Thanks for explaining.

So if i were to try to program that kind of 3 button remote, would it just not be possible or will the panic button just not work? Just the lock/unlock will?

Im almost positive it wont panic, it may not even communicate at all for lock and unlock. I would be safe and get the 2 button.

Thought so, thanks man. The reason i ask is because there is a 3 button remote for sale on craigslist and i was gonna get it since they only want $20 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kros702 View Post
    Thought so, thanks man. The reason i ask is because there is a 3 button remote for sale on craigslist and i was gonna get it since they only want $20 for it.
    http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...301916&alt=web

Act quickly

Just double checking, that'll work on my 2000 even tho it was pulled from an 2001?

Pretty sure 8ga (99-01) have same remote

Cool, thanks bro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123