The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual piston brake upgrade and rear disc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45

Icon9 What dual pistons calipers on a 8G?

I want to upgrade my front calipers, is there a two piston caliper what will bolt on on the 8g? I have a set of 98' 3000gt non-turbo, but they wont fit. Please help!
    De que estamos hablando?

i can get them for you. pm me if interested

and no 3000gt calipers fit 7g only
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

well, I am interested, let me know what will fit. thanks
    De que estamos hablando?

It would be nice to have the correct info, plain and clear, for the 8g upgrade; if anyone care to post, please do so. thanks
    De que estamos hablando?

what would you like to know?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I had read all the post about this subject and the more I read, the more confusing it gets, there is even a tread that ends up in a fight! I know we can use the calipers from a 8g 99 v6 or a 3g 00 v6; but these are very hard to find, I just would like to have the correct info about other models/years that will bolt on, and the other considerations, like Rotors and Brake lines to complete the mod. So, If anyone want to do this, could find the info fast.
    De que estamos hablando?

front 1g diamantes are the same calipers as 2g GXS/ V6 8g galants. same pattern and duall piston. i spent 2 days back to back in the yards dissasembling and reasembling to and from different cars. the 1g diamantes only diference if i recall correctly are the lines at the caliper. also non turbo 3000gt and.

for it to fit on the 7g you need a GSX spindle you can recognize it if you measure the brackets bolt to bolt on your car and it shoul be 1 or 2 cm more space between the bolts for the duall piston. you can go however you want on cars for calipers. but you need the GSX or AWD TSI font spindlle or the same thing as the DSM JAP galant spindle. aswell as the 7g vr4.
    problem is GSX's are as hard to find as a gtz 8g in the yards. so the calipers are easier find in diamantes etc but you cant do anything without the spindle. the rotors need to be GSX cus their a tad bit bigger in diameter.

ive lso heard once you hace those spindles you can direct bolt up evo 8 brembos in front.

also any 3000gt sl dual piston will work too on the 7g
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

cause i found some cheap 3000gt sl 2 piston front brakes for real cheap price

Well guys i have found me some diamante and 3000gt SL at the junk yards and i plan to start the dual piston upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaltava View Post
    Well guys i have found me some diamante and 3000gt SL at the junk yards and i plan to start the dual piston upgrade.
    Just buy mine. Screw the junkyard. You don't even know that those calipers are in good service.
    Check the link in my signature. I can ship these to you tomorrow. Kevlar ceramic Pads, cross drilled/slotted rotors, stainless lines, calipers, brackets, speed bleeders. For a retarded low price, worked excellently on my car.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

About swap the brakes from drums to rotors (discs) already buy everything and my donors car was a Chrysler Sebring LX i Coupe and Dodge Avenger ES both car is 6 cylinders pay attention because I saw convertibles sebrings and the rear suspensiion and the rear brakes no match with the Chrysler Sebring LX i and Dodge Avenger ES. I gonna keep my Hubs assemblies because right now my car has rims 16 with four lugs so my decision is keep that ones, soon will be take some pictures and going to show my upgrade in suspension (Sway rear bar Dodge Avenger ES end links whith bar $ 25.00 Junk yard) E brakes complete without rotors and hubs asembies $ 75.00 and now just pacience for my next upgrade soon. One more thing is very hard find the 2g eclipses o gs 7g galant if you want swap suspension or brakes is more easy find Avenger and Sebrings.

rear lower tie bar, front upper bar and front lower tie bar (Ebay)

can someone clean this thread up and make it a sticky?
    need a confirmation on the 6G VR4 rotors w/ dual piston setup along with clearance using the OE 15" alloy rims
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    can someone clean this thread up and make it a sticky?
    need a confirmation on the 6G VR4 rotors w/ dual piston setup along with clearance using the OE 15" alloy rims
    6g vr4 rotors work, thats whats on my car. Im almost pisitive they will fit 15'' wheels because my friend has an eagle summit (mirage) that has the dual front caliper swap and he has 15's but there is like 1/2'' clerance.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Just buy mine. Screw the junkyard. You don't even know that those calipers are in good service.
    Check the link in my signature. I can ship these to you tomorrow. Kevlar ceramic Pads, cross drilled/slotted rotors, stainless lines, calipers, brackets, speed bleeders. For a retarded low price, worked excellently on my car.
    And are still working excellently on my car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i posted more info over on GT but from what i have found, gvr4 rotors work and then GVR4/1g front dual pistons. the 1g/6g duals give you more clearance than the 2g dual pistons which are bigger but with the 2g calipers there is much less clearance, so much so that sticky weights arent an option.

i wonder if vr4 rotors with 2g calipers will work
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i posted more info over on GT but from what i have found, gvr4 rotors work and then GVR4/1g front dual pistons. the 1g/6g duals give you more clearance than the 2g dual pistons which are bigger but with the 2g calipers there is much less clearance, so much so that sticky weights arent an option.

i wonder if vr4 rotors with 2g calipers will work
    i had 6G rotors will 99 GSX calipers. worked fine

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Ok thank you very much. I plan on running 6g VR4 rotors and 2g calipers since you say it works.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ok so from what ive gathered in order to do a rear disc conversion with dual piston calipers, I need to find a first gen diamante, 96-99 gsx/sebring/avenger, first gen 3000gt, or a vr4/gs galant.

Once ive found one of these I need to pull the rotors/calipers/hubs and thats it? Just bolt everything up, connect the lines and im good to go?

You are confused. There are no dual piston rear brakes that are bolt on. When it comes to the dual pistons we are talking about the front brakes.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast